21st June is International Yoga Day!

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
159 Posts
Jun 20, 2015 7:31pm
via Android

NAMASTE SKIMBLERS!

The UN has declared 21st June as International Yoga Day. Woohoo!! And here's our chance to be a part of history and the first ever one!

The date 21st June which is the longest day of the year in the Northern Hemisphere has special significance. From the perspective of Yoga it is considered a time when there is natural support for those pursuing spiritual practices.

I urge everyone to join in and inspire others to join as well!

As a part of the celebration I think everyone should do at least one of Skimble Yoga Workouts today. I know I'm going to!

20 Jun
Tomorrow is the 21st here in the UK and I'm game to do it Pinky dear. Expect something yogaish from me then! ^^
20 Jun
Great to have you on board, Hadi! :)
20 Jun
I'm from uk too pinky so 21st is tomorrow too. Sounds good i'm in xx:-)
20 Jun
I'm with you Pinky! Yoga tomorrow!
20 Jun
This is wonderful, Pinky. I'm in, too! :D
Image_thumb
214 Posts
Jun 21, 2015 7:50am
via Android

Gooood morning yogiiiisss!!

I'm in too

21 Jun
Namaste Mihaela! :D
21 Jun
Namaste dear Pinky _/|\_
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jun 21, 2015 10:27am
via Android

This is a great idea, dear pinky. (: of course i'm in, too. ((:

Image_thumb
214 Posts
Jun 21, 2016 9:17am
via Android

Happy International Yoga Day, everyone!!

The word "yoga" means "union": of the individual consciousness or soul with the Universal Consciousness or Spirit. Yoga is a profound science of unfolding the infinite potentials of the human mind and soul.

What is gaining a lot of popularity nowadays is the practice of asanas or postures which doesn't necessarily have anything to do with spirituality... Just performing those alone, with the proper breathing, can help people relax, improve their posture, flexibility and a lot more.
Also yoga is for everyone: men and women, regardless of their age!

Let's treat ourselves with at least one yoga workout here today!

Namaste

21 Jun
Thanks for sharing, Miha :) and wow it's been another year since we have been here! Of course Yoga day has been everyday for us. And you are a yogaqueen!
22 Jun
Aw, you're too sweet, of course I'm not but wow you're right, we've been around for a while now lol Feeling like a veteran or something hahah
Image_thumb
159 Posts
Jun 21, 2016 1:54pm
via Android

It's Yoga Day Yayyyy ..I did my yoga today. Namaste

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51