Help!!! Weight training newbie...

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
64 Posts
Jun 21, 2015 3:39am
via Android

I joined a gym, working out at home just isnt working for me, too many distractions and my kid tackles me if i get any where near the floor. I am wanting to do weight training withsome hiit cardio. I did the free 1 hour personal training, but i still have no freaking clue where to start. He showed me about 5 exercises which are great but im sure i need more variety and stuff. Another very big issue for me is going by myself. We cant always find a sitter so we both can go so i need to be able to go by myself.. but... im scared shitless of it. I dont even like going to the store by myself. I know its mostly because of confidence and the fear of wandering around aimlessly trying to figure out what to do next. Im sorry picking something and doing it doesnt work when you dont know how to, and you look like a retard if you google every exercise before you do it. I need a good routine or something to help me get started. Any suggestions??

21 Jun
Damn there are some awesome websites out there for this stuff. Just need to get over my anxiety (the whole going places by myself thing) i found a great website with printable/downloadable workouts for women. Www.fitnessrxwomen.com also www.nerdfitness.com and www.bodybuilding.com are very informative. Been trying to educate myself on everything i can, mainly so i get the best results and most importantly don't injure myself. I might do a modified (for my level) 30 day total body workout by jaime Eason. Looks doable lol thank you guys for your help! I will definitely have more questions! But i think i...
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Jun 21, 2015 4:07am
via Android

Scotty k and dj have some really good programs on here. Check bodybuilding.com as well, they have a lot of free prog r ams you can follow.

Sk's Dare To Shred - DAY 26
Sk's POWER TRIP - DAY 54-Level 666
* JackD * 8 Weeks To Increase - Day 17 - Arms

21 Jun
Thank you, i like e female weight training bible one on there, but im very much a beginner and am feeling way intimidated and overwhelmed by everything.
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Jun 21, 2015 5:48am
via Android

I bet tons of people look at their phones between exercises, who cares if it's twitter or a YouTube how to video on an exercise machine? I do it. I will double check tips and pointers on form for exercises I already do, and definitely look up new ones. Nobody started off just KNOWING how to lift weights correctly. There are things we all need to learn.

One thing you can do is start going, make a schedule and keep it. Just go. Do the treadmill and stationary bikes for a while. Maybe a few of the circuit machines. You'll get a lot more comfortable in that time. After a few weeks you'll feel way more at home and not so scared of looking foolish cuz you'll get to feeling it's mostly no big deal.

21 Jun
Thank you for this! I am so intimidated by everything. After my first post i went to the gym for some quick cardio and there was a guy looking up exercises on his phone. Made me feel a bit better lol
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Jun 21, 2015 5:52am
via Android

Check out these, and check out the article linked in the description.
Beginner Weight Training: Workout A
Beginner Weight Training: Workout B

You can substitute exercises, like nowadays I usually do inclined dumbbell press instead of bench press. Or you could do kettlebell deadlifts... Lots of options if you Google "(exercise name) alternative"

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51