Side pains when running

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
46 Posts
Jun 25, 2015 3:45pm
via Android

I like to run , but sometimes I get sharp pains at the side of my tummy. I not every times. But sometimes. When this happens, it's hard to keep running, so I have to walk and wait it out. Sometimes it takes a while tho. Does anyone know why this happens?

25 Jun
Don't drink right before you run
25 Jun
This would be a stitch marko is right don't drink to much b4 u run or during running just sip ur drink . If u get a stitch just bend down to touch ur toes snd breathe in through ur nose and out through ur mouth slowly a few times until it's gone xx
25 Jun
I' all do that thanks you guys
26 Jun
Reduce speed when this happens and press your fist or a lil stone on your side.
27 Jun
Try eating a banana about 30 minutes before you run. Its a weird trick, but it works for me! :)
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Jun 26, 2015 12:44pm
via Android

A good tip is also not to make fists while running. Blood goes away from your muscles and it will tire you more quickly. Relax hands

Image_thumb
51 Posts
Jun 27, 2015 6:12pm
via Android

I used to run long distance track... Just slow down when you get the pains.  I think your breathing muscles just aren't built up enough yet.  If you keep running consistently, i think you wont get these pains anymore.  I used to get them when i was much younger and didn't run regularly.  I never get them anymore.  Cheers!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51