Needing help

3 posts | Original | Recent
13 Posts
Jun 27, 2015 6:47pm
via iOS
Hello last year I lost my dad and two days later my oldest son to cancer now I wanna make a better life for me and my other kids I work out the quit then start back up I wanna make this a permanent thing to start liking to work out and get healthier so please help. I've also have had trouble sleeping since I was little don't know why but some days I go with only a few hours of sleep or none at all?????
280 Posts
Jun 27, 2015 7:22pm

It's great to see up and at it again, I think it is wonderful that you realize that you have trouble being consistent

and are also doing this for your kids.  So here are some tips for you.

1. Schedule your workouts use a calender or whatever you prefer and schedule it into your day (just as you would a dentist appointment or a work meeting.) This ensures you DO have the time each day.
  2. Keep Your Scheduled Appointment Now that your exercise is scheduled—keep your appointment!
    Don’t change it, reschedule it, or skip it.You’d never skip an important work meeting, then tell your boss, “I didn’t feel like showing up today.”Your health and well-being is just as important (if not more) than any other appointment. Honor yourself.
  3. Exercise First Thing In The Morning Most of us don’t have business meetings and doctors’ appointments at 5:30 am. This is prime time to get your workouts done since you’ll never have conflicting appointments.
  4. Mix Up Your Workouts Day one, do a HIIT workout—day two, lift heavy weights—day three, increase joint mobility with cardio.
  5. Make It Fun The more fun you have while exercising, the more likely you are to do it. On weekends go for a long bike ride or hike with your family. Or, do your normal exercise routine with your family.
  6. Join A Fitness Accountability Group

Let’s face it. It’s easy to give up on yourself, because nobody knows if you skipped your workout (or ate an entire cake!)

By joining a support group, you’re forced to stay accountable, because others are looking for you to check in that day. It’s like having your own team of cheerleaders. You feed off their energy which propels you forward.

7. Oh and follow people on skimble who coonsistently do workout so that you can get notifications, good luck and God bless!!!
46 Posts
Jun 27, 2015 7:59pm
via Android

Sorry to hear that. But its good that you want to lead a healthy lifestyle. Get your kids involved too so you guys can motivate each other. I also had that problem of beginning then quitting. But now I push myself to do something. U need motivation. Try reading quotes those really help. You can print some out too and stick them to you're workout station or room. Anywhere you can see them. As for sleeping I don't know but try not to be using electronics before you sleep. Even a phone can keep you awake. The radiation  does something to you're body and you're not sleepy anymore. Try reading a book in bed. That will help put you to sleep

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51