DARE TO SHRED AGAIN!! Sk's weightloss program!

213 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Jun 27, 2015 7:14pm
via iOS
A new program to try if you wanna burn some body fat & drop some serious weight over 1 month.

For the program you don't need a gym. Just 2 dumbbells or similar, a commitment to sweat, and you've gotta stick to a healthy diet or you'll be wasting your time

The workouts are in my created file on my profile and I start TODAY so I can make alterations or amendments before anyone else does them!

Starting MONDAY 28th JUNE I'll log my current weight / calories / macros every day on here if anyone wants to see how I'm doing.... KEEPING IT REAL SKIMBLERS!!
27 Jun
Can I eat chocolate cake and drink beer with this weight los program ;-)
27 Jun
If it fits into your macros/calories (which it does on the high fat or higher carb days) then YES!! I should know... I trial ran it this week
Image_thumb
172 Posts
Jun 28, 2015 10:35am
via Android

just go finished 2 programs and will finish push up challenge soon, and I need something to loose weight as I reached again a plateau....so I am Very interested! As for diet I am doing the warrior one and may be fasting more seriously for a few days.
The question I have is there a rest day? ( I am doing too much everyday currently and my joints are not very happy)

28 Jun
The rest days are Saturday & Sunday if you begin on a Monday. So 5 days of training basically. On the rest days you do as little or as much as you wish
29 Jun
OK, so I start todaaaaaay. I had no rest day for a longtime now but I think I can do 5 days more.
Image_thumb
45 Posts
Jun 28, 2015 4:18pm
via Android

OK Scotty, I'm ready whenever you are! Oh, I have to finish day 26 of the Ripped program first. Haha, that'll be taken care of today. Ready to go tomorrow!

Image_thumb
172 Posts
Jun 29, 2015 1:52am
via Android

Starting now day 1. Weight 73 kg (wow took 2 kg over the weekend, hate carb days)

29 Jun
Just finished the workout, some visual demo missing like dumbell clean and press, so did what I believed it was:-) replaced stairs by 8 min jumping jack flash and 2 min static squatt as I have knees problem with stairs. Great workout, enjoyed it very much, thank you Scotty. Otherwise on nutrition plan this week I am in the low/high carb phase of the warrior diet started 3 weeks ago. I will soon balance the phases: 3 days vegetarian detox/ 2 days protein/2 days carb to start, then I will increase the vegetarian days number to go with this program....
29 Jun
Where there is no video that means skimble doesn't have the exercise. It's a pain in the ass!
29 Jun
I guessed so, they should add the feature to add your own videos for missing exercises
29 Jun
My goal is 64 kg but I do not think I can succeed so if I reach 68 I will be happy as I never reached that in 20 years ( but in the other hand 73 is the lowest I have been in 15 years and one year ago I was like 90 kg)
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Jun 29, 2015 2:34am
via iOS

As for my meal plan, my maintenance calories would normally be around 3100 calories of which 45% is protein, 35% carbs and 20% fats. For this program the weekly split will be as follows:

My protein will be 312g every day for the full 4 weeks (1.5g per lb of bodyweight)

WEEK ONE: 2600 cals

Monday: protein 312g / carbs 257g / fats 29g

Tuesday: P 312g / C 192g / F 57g

Wednesday: P 312g / C 160g / F 71g

Thursday: P 312g / C 160g / F 71g

Friday: P 312g / C 64g / F 114g

Saturday: P 312g / C 64g / F 114g

Sunday: P 312g / C 160g / F 71g 

WEEK TWO: 2500 cals

WEEK THREE: 2400 cals

WEEK FOUR: 2300 cals

The carbs / fats percentages will drop in line with the calories but the protein will remain the same. The vast majority of the carbs will be eaten in the morning and lunch, with some saved for after my workout.

This is a high protein meal plan and shouldn't be maintained indefinitely.  

29 Jun
What is right arm clean and press?
29 Jun
With the dumbbell on the ground, bend your knees as if you are doing a squat. Grab the dumbbell and explode up, bringing the dumbbell up to your shoulder, just under your chin (that's the clean part). In one motion push the dumbbell straight up above your head (that's the press part) and return the dumbbell back to the ground. It's one motion
29 Jun
Oh OK, cool. I get it. Thanks.
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Jun 29, 2015 12:06pm
via iOS
Day one - 205.6lbs - target is to get to around 190lbs which is the lightest I'll have been for about 15 years. 

Let the games begin....... 
29 Jun
Yes! Lets do this!
29 Jun
Yeah let's do it together!!!
29 Jun
Yaaayyyyy!! I'm soo excited!!
29 Jun
Are you gonna be doing this too, Sterling?
29 Jun
I sure am!!! I loved the first program. I couldn't pass this one up.
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Jun 29, 2015 11:26pm
via iOS
Day one is off & running & I sweat like a BEAST!! 

Calories and macros are on point today as well - 2574 cals will have been consumed by the time my head hits the pillow tonight 
Macros = 332g protein, 230g carbs, 31g fats

30 Jun
Nice job Scotty! :-)
30 Jun
Thanks Dawna. I'm beaten up! Lol
Image_thumb
172 Posts
Jun 30, 2015 2:47am
via Android

Loved the day 2 very much. I am weeeeeeet!

30 Jun
UltrasWarrrioooooor diet and Huuuuuuuulkmode training!
30 Jun
So as said Scotty, let's show how unreliable it is to measure our weight everyday...but I do anyway to see how the curve is tending so let's share;-) 71.9 kg today so more than 1 kg less in one day( but I usually do +- 1.5 kg variations depending when I measure it.
30 Jun
You'll begin to find that you'll plateau for a day or two, then your weight will spike and drop depending on how your diet plan goes. With the one I've designed I usually drop around 3-4lbs a week in spurts so I'll expect to see no change for a day or two when I'm on high carb days, then on the 2 low days I'll see my weight drop on the 3rd day. Its fun!!
01 Jul
I finished my carb days and will now alternate to protein day and vegetarian days then, so should drop weight in one or 2 days, Great! I love the feeling of workout in vegetarian days but holding then all day with no food or very little fruits is tuff:-)
Image_thumb
116 Posts
Jun 30, 2015 2:56am
via iOS
Well u always know I'm in soooooo here we go again!
30 Jun
you'll find that this one is different to the first... I certainly sweat much more yesterday!!
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Jun 30, 2015 1:36pm
via iOS
Day two - 202.6lbs - that's a 3lb drop since yesterday!! Goes to show you how unreliable it can be to weigh yourself sometimes!! Weighing myself every day will begin to build a trend though and as long as it's a downward slide I'm happy! 

Calories remain the same all week, but today the carbs drop and the fats increase. 
30 Jun
I'll add to this comment that my wife, Erin, is doing the same program and following me calorie/macro plan and she also dropped just under 2lbs since yesterday! Our weight numbers will probably rise a little tomorrow then I'll expect them to plateau for a couple of days before dropping again at the end of the week : )
01 Jul
Oh man I forgot to weigh myself! I usually weigh on Mondays, but I will tomorrow! This is gonna be a really good month! #July
Image_thumb
116 Posts
Jun 30, 2015 7:39pm
via iOS
Day 1 completed!!! I definitely have to eat more before I do this, I know the feeling I had around minute 36 was purely because my body didn't have enough in it to do something that intense, I stuck with it tho and what happened to 20 sec breaks lol!!!! 10 secs u r out of ur mind!!!! Once again! Oh and my weight today is 194.2, I'm Gona track it everyday
30 Jun
20sec rests?? This is the SECOND program!! No wussy 20sec rests now ; )
30 Jun
LOL! I realized that 2 exercises in. I was like this is one reason u would shed more weight, a lot less rest, more movement. I saw where ur head was at
01 Jul
I'm here too steph. I'm trying this.
Image_thumb
102 Posts
Jun 30, 2015 8:17pm
via Android

Is this a just diet programme or some workout as well.??i

30 Jun
It's a workout program in my created file on my profile. The first 9 days are created
01 Jul
Ok.i am going to join too.
Image_thumb
116 Posts
Jun 30, 2015 10:13pm
via iOS
Ok even though it killed me I was hungry and I have eaten 1454 calories so far today, I re-instated my fitness pal, my name on there is logansmilkmaid because I had just had my second child and I was breastfeeding and felt like a human dairy farm
30 Jun
I can't add you without an email ;)
30 Jun
Haha cute name
01 Jul
Lol, gonna add you, logansmilkmaid! Ha!
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Jul 1, 2015 1:46am
via iOS
Day 2 over! Calories and macros were more or less on point again at 2542cals 

Tomorrow the carbs take a big drop with the fats going up as the carb slide continues to Saturday. As the days go by you begin to feel a little lethargic and 'heady' before refueling on a Sunday. Your body will begin to feel light and you'll have a kinda hollow feeling as the workouts begin to strip the fat away... It's FUN!!! 
Image_thumb
172 Posts
Jul 1, 2015 2:59am
via Android

Day 3: replaced the last ten minutes by jogging&sprints with weights attached on the hands as no machines outside. I'll weight when back home

01 Jul
71.8 kg today
Image_thumb
45 Posts
Jul 1, 2015 3:41am
via Android

Day 2 completed. I thoroughly enjoyed the workout. Didn't hit all my macros though but I was very close. Closer than yesterday. :)

01 Jul
Jus keep trying to get as close as you can, it's a game of adding stuff & taking it away but as long as it's close that's good enough
01 Jul
I agree. I'm getting better at it though. But our carbs for today though! Where did it goooooo? Haha
01 Jul
Wait until day 4 & 5 when your carbs practically vanish! It gets tough to stick to the low number & the salads have to appear for 2 days. Lots of fats though! So avocado, almonds, ground turkey & red meat can make an appearance! It means I can't have creamer though : (
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Jul 1, 2015 1:05pm
via iOS
Day 3 - 200.8lbs
I'm expecting to plateau out on the weight for a couple of days now as most of this will be water weight. Still happy that I'm already at the weight I was at my lowest this year though! 
01 Jul
Oh, and I totally expect to be feeling cranky by Friday!
Image_thumb
12 Posts
Jul 1, 2015 5:41pm
via iOS
Hey y'all, I'm also doing Scotty's shred, both the workout and the meal plan, and I just wanted to add a little something. For some, this may be the first time increasing the protein to such a high level and also dropping the carbs so low. It is important to realize that high protein diets are very dehydrating due to the need to excrete the excess nitrogen groups as you break down the amino acids. That, in combination with the cardio and hiit workouts mean you should really amp up your intake of water. High protein diets also can be taxing on your kidneys, so this meal plan should not be done for extended periods of time. Good luck to everyone! May you be able to withstand the low carb days without killing anyone! 
01 Jul
Well said baby brainiac!! You can tell someone's doing a nutrition course ; p
01 Jul
haha, thanks baby. x
03 Jul
Impressive erin. *clapping hands*
Image_thumb
116 Posts
Jul 1, 2015 8:08pm
via iOS
Day 2 done, I did have to take more breaks than usual because I must have slept in a weird position last night, I woke up not being able to put a lot of pressure on my right ankle but I still persevered 
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Jul 1, 2015 8:39pm
via Android

Just finished day one.  Sweaty.   Enjoyed.

02 Jul
Gooooo Tara!!! Hell yeah!!!!
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Jul 2, 2015 1:46am
via iOS
Day 3's workout was tough with the 25lbers! 

As usual it left me VERY sweaty & those pull-ups destroyed me! 

Totally on point with my calories and macros again today... For those who are following my meal plan tomorrow the carbs get VERY low for 2 days so I'll be feeling lethargic up to Saturday (when I'll be trying my very very best to stick to my macros on 4th July!!). Gonna have to suck it up for the next couple of days 
Image_thumb
134 Posts
Jul 2, 2015 2:11am
via Android

So I even tho I haven't started yet. I tracked my food today and I am already starting to see where I need to step up. I need to get more protein and more calories in general. So i need tonpick better things to eat so i can get more calories without the carbs and fats. I was pretty close to the carbs and fats but protein lacked alot. So I already have some whey protein so I'm going to buy some more and start drinking more protein shakes when I officially start.

02 Jul
Wherever possible try to get your protein from food. I have 3 protein shakes a day. Good work though, if you've been on a high carb/fat diet you'll find that by the 4th day onwards you'll begin to she's weight pretty well.
02 Jul
OK so more chicken , black beans, fish, yogurt, lean red meat. I could do that. High protein low fat content. I will Google foods with that.
02 Jul
I have 10 egg whites a day on this meal plan. Lots of chicken. Ground turkey on the higher fat days. Red meat on the higher fat days as well. Brown rice for carbs & salads on low carb days. You'll quickly learn what works for you
02 Jul
I've been having egg whites like never before, haha. I have it for breakfast a huge ass omelet packed with spinach and part skim mozzarella cheese and sometimes I have more for dinner or I scramble some for snack. Its crazy trying to balance the macros but today was really good. I have protein shakes too and salads. It took me a couple days but I've got the hang of it now. Feels great, too!
02 Jul
Thanks Kiweda that's a good idea. I'm glad I have tried to get my macros and food intake in place b4 I start the program.
Image_thumb
172 Posts
Jul 2, 2015 3:44am
via Android

Day 4 ending was hardcore! Lol, regarding diet, yesterday during day only little pineapple and litchi, evening had salad, morning glory, fish, squid and chilli.(I am pescatorian/vegetarian, I don't eat meat). Today some fruit and tonight still some fish but less and more veggies. This weekend little fruit during days and fully vegetarian the evening. I notice with this program that I feel more hungry than usual with my warrior diet, so it's very efficient lol. I weight when back home.

02 Jul
71.5kg , going down slowly... But i am very huuungry after this workout:-)
02 Jul
With your meal plan & this workout program your body will be screaming out for carbs/fats so I'm not surprised your hungry. It'll be interesting to see how much weight you lose compared to my meal plan though
02 Jul
Yes very interesting, but I should be especially careful to not over eat too much in the evening.
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Jul 2, 2015 1:28pm
via iOS
Day 4 - 200.4lbs! 
This is the lightest I've been since January and it's only day 4!! 

Feeling very lean already as I move into two days of low carbs & high fats. 
02 Jul
I've lost only 3.4 lbs Scotty. But it feels great. So we're gonna be loading up on salads and egg whites for the next couple of days, haha. At least we can have red meat now since we can have more fat...
02 Jul
3.4lbs in 3 days??
02 Jul
Since Monday, yeah. You've lost like 5.
02 Jul
Monday morning I was 221.1 this morning I was 217.7. Haven't been weighing myself daily, though. So I'm not sure how it's fluctuating. But I will be keeping track from now on.
02 Jul
My body is used to this though & you've been trying to get your calories/macros right. Remember girl, this weight is gonna stay off on this program & will continue to drop. Also, our bodies react differently to the different macro days which is why I want you weighing yourself daily to understand your body. What you need to be saying is "I'VE LOST 3lbs ALREADY!!!!"
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Jul 2, 2015 6:44pm
via Android

Not feeling well today.  Afraid to do workout.  Will do day 2 tomorrow.  Still keeping up with the food plan.

02 Jul
The meal plan is 80% of the work so focus on getting well soon & you'll still be losing weight on the plan. I'd knock off 200 calories though to compensate for the lack of exercise

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51