Ear pressure during deadlifts?

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
166 Posts
Jul 1, 2015 4:23pm
via Android

Did legs on Monday and when I was doing deadlifts I kept getting this pressure block in one ear. Similar to the feeling you get when flying.

Anyone else ever get this?

Image_thumb
166 Posts
Jul 1, 2015 4:41pm
via Android

?

Image_thumb
77 Posts
Jul 1, 2015 4:44pm
via Android

It is common yes. As you do deadlifts you put pressure not only on your muscles but your middle ear as well. Something else that is common after continuation of deadlifts is that your glands in your butt start to swollen. (Just a heads up)

01 Jul
Good to know, lol
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Jul 1, 2015 8:52pm
via Android

Can happen with any compound move. Remember to make sure you are breathing,  it'll take care of the pressure you're feeling a little bit.

01 Jul
That makes sense Jovon. I have a back issue so I'm so focused on my form and keeping my back stable that I'm probably not breathing very well.
Image_thumb
172 Posts
Jul 2, 2015 11:45am
via Android

I get those those when I do intense workouts even with no lifts...

Image_thumb
166 Posts
Jul 4, 2015 4:33am
via Android

Got them again today while doing kettlebell figure eights with only a 15lb KB.  Seems to be a theme with any bending up and down movements.  It's annoying but doesn't really hurt.  And it stops quickly after the workout's over. 

Image_thumb
172 Posts
Jul 4, 2015 5:30am
via Android

We may have some kind of ear infection actually

04 Jul
It's possible but I don't think I have one. It only happens when I do certain lifting movements. Otherwise my ears are totally fine. I think it's just a pressure thing.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51