Define your goal. Execute. Kill it!

11 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
821 Posts
Jul 7, 2015 6:52am
via Android

I will from time to time update this, however I see fit. For motivational purposes. For inspirational purposes. Because there is just too much shi* on these forums.

You want results? You need to ask the correct questions first.
And then you need to find out what works for you, and what does not.

I hope I reach some people. And I hope this topic can be helped with bumps from time to time. Even added contributions are appreciated, and will be recognized

07 Jul
I'm not a slacker but bike season takes the out, from work out. I allow myself room to chill but when my pants are tight on my waist and my bike feels to darn heavy(thats pretty bad if Harley feels to heavy for my 4ft9.5 in frame, that is my motivation. If I dump I pick my own bike up not a dude
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Jul 7, 2015 6:56am
via Android

Goal: endurance or reduce body fat?!?!

Answer is - volume vs. intensity.
If you want increase your endurance, your primary training progression should be volume. That means workouts should get longer and longer.

If you want to get shredded like veins popping out looking like your about to pop a blood vessel, your primary training progression should be intensity. That means workouts should get more and more crazy, vomit inducing traumatic even. This is a summed up version of a goal oriented plan. But it's a start!

07 Jul
Needed to know this bro!! Thanks :)
08 Jul
Ugh! Of course I have to go longer...sigh
Image_thumb
334 Posts
Jul 19, 2015 5:13am
via Android

Bump

Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Jul 20, 2015 4:59am
via iOS
Something I feel is wrong with the human condition..... 

Why do we complicate stuff???? 

For years I tried different diets, fat burners, meal plans, etc etc etc to try to get the body back that I had in my late teens - early 20's. 

One day I had a revelation!!!

When I was in my late teens - early 20's I didn't DIET.... I DID NOT DIET!! 

I ate relatively healthy most of the time & I hit the gym HARD. I ate what I wanted, when I wanted, but I ate in moderation. I enjoyed eating meat & pasta and limited my desserts & beer to the weekends. But boy did I enjoy the weekends!!

It was from this I realized something.stop complicating things! Hit the gym hard, eat in moderation & stop dieting. Eat healthy, enjoy your food and enjoy life! That was 2 years ago. Now I mess around with macros etx for the fun of it, but the principle will never change 
20 Jul
So agree Scotty! Thanks for telling the simplest truth
23 Jul
At last, someone gets it. I've been doing this for years mate. The only way to go.
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Jul 20, 2015 5:03am
via iOS
And one point on people who go to the gym!!!!! 

If you can talk while lifting, you aren't lifting heavy enough 

If you are not straining by the final rep, you aren't lifting heavy enough 

If you are lifting the same dumbbell you lifted last month, last year, last decade, you aren't lifting heavy enough!! 

- if you wanna hit on people, please stand in the corner of the gym making kissy faces 

- if you wanna lift weights. Lift them! The heavy ones!! Then put them back down. Then you know what? Pick em up and lift them again!! 
20 Jul
A lot of people need to learn fu**ing gym etiquette
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Jul 23, 2015 9:04pm
via Android

TONING:
If your goal is to "tone" or "tighten up"

Let's clear the air. I see mostly women but some men post about how they want a toned body. More specifically they are trying to target their arms. I don't know why or how the world changed tone into something it is not.

I). tone definition:
a musical or vocal sound with reference to its pitch, quality, and strength.

The internal state of muscle-fiber tension within individual muscles and muscle groups.

There you have it. 2 ways the word tone is really defined.  Notice how it says nothing about getting a shredded look.

II). Muscles do not go from soft to hard or vice versa. Muscles get bigger or they shrink. And you can not lengthen a muscle either. Hate to burst your bubble, but all those lengthen wo's you been doing to achieve a lean, long muscle. It's not going to happen. And another common mistake for "toning" is high reps with very little resistance.  Meaning light weight/ high reps. If you get through a set without feeling like you are going to fail, you need to add more weight.

-If your goal was to "tone". Your goal should instead be: grow a muscle, shed a layer of fat that is covering the muscle to show muscular definition.

Strength training & fat loss should be your primary training focus to acheieve the "toned" look.

23 Jul
Good call mate.
Image_thumb
334 Posts
Sep 2, 2015 5:38pm
via Android

Bump

Image_thumb
334 Posts
Dec 24, 2015 9:07am
via Android

Christmas Bumps

Image_thumb
136 Posts
Feb 1, 2016 5:17pm
via Android

Losing your momentum for new year's resolutions? I know I've been slacking.  Redefine your goals.

01 Feb
I lost momentum back in September around my year mark, and school start. Now I'm fighting to get back in the saddle and push. I got your back!
01 Feb
Thx! :-)
02 Feb
The fact is. Everyone goes through ups and downs. I know i do. But as long as we keep coming back for more
02 Feb
I'll keep coming back so long as I have you guys to push.
Image_thumb
269 Posts
Feb 4, 2016 1:01pm
via iOS
Bump
Let's find the momentum!!
Image_thumb
269 Posts
Mar 16, 2016 11:39am
via iOS
Push...

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51