How to hit the chest harder on chest/triceps day

2 posts | Original | Recent
69 Posts
Jul 8, 2015 2:31am
via Android

The next time you work out your chest, hit the triceps first, your body will have to rely more on the pectoral muscles once the triceps are overloaded giving you greater emphasis on the chest. But don't use this method too often, keep that boy guessing instead of adapting!

821 Posts
Jul 8, 2015 2:49am
via Android

Well I disagree.

You are thinking of a pre exhaustive training method andI totally agree with pre exhaustion.  Except you need to pre exhaust your pecs, not your triceps.

08 Jul
Why would pre exhaust the chest first if you are targeting the chest? You want your chest to work harder, so isolate the smaller muscles first, so they won't be able to assist in the bench press or other chest exercises. The goal of pre-exhaustion is to allow an isolation lift to pre-fatigue a muscle, so that when you hit the pecs, it will have to work harder.
08 Jul
You fatigue the pec because it is a larger muscle. Cable Fly > bench press. Go read a little
08 Jul
Exactly. U will fatigue the triceps
08 Jul
No! But I'm done with this convo. If you don't want to read the article. Do whatever you want
08 Jul
No I read that wrong. About my topic, the goal is to fatigue the pecs. So to get a more targeted chest work out, fatigue the smaller muscles that assistance in chest exercises, thus the chest has a more concentrated workout. I don't need a website reference bud thanks tho

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51