I WILL lose weight.

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Jul 9, 2015 4:20am
via Android

I have had three children and after them all I lost most of my weight (was around 180 lbs), but even before I was slightly over weight. Last November I got put on an implant birth control and since then I have gained about 60 lbs(now 245lbs)!! I have no energy, no motivation, and no work out or diet buddies. I'm not sure what to do or where to start, but I need to lose this weight!! Any tips are greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

09 Jul
Motivate yourself everyday and set a goal. I would like to help.
09 Jul
Thanks it'd be great to have a helper! My first goal is to start taking a walk at least 5 times a week.
09 Jul
Yes that's good. I started 4 times a week. Now I'm at 6 days a week for 1 hour. You will see results I know I have.
09 Jul
Hi Kayla! I started my fitness and healthy lifestyle journey only 1 month ago. I must say, by logging my food intake on FitnessPal and using this Skimble app (calories burned in xx minutes) together, I'm slowly getting the idea of what's better to eat to stay full and what workouts are best for me to get in shape. You can do this too! Nothing drastic... Just start one small habit or change today and keep doing it. 21 days to make it a habit! ;-)
09 Jul
Thank you, Cindy! I will check out the app. you suggested! :)
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Jul 9, 2015 4:07pm
via Android

Sorry in advance if I post to much, but I want to keep a log of what I'm doing.
-Had eggs and some watermelon for breakfast.
-Completed Exercises for Starters!
#feeling the burn.
-BLT for lunch
-Chicken and rice for dinner
-Tried squat, got halfway through it which was about 55 squats.

10 Jul
I highly recommend the free MyFitnessPal app where you can search exactly what you ate, change the quantity of necessary, and add it to your daily food intake in your "Diary" - this will help you see your bad food habits easier. ;-) You can also add your exercises in MyFitnessPal (I just create the ones I do from Skimble and input the minutes and calories burned). I live knowing my calories left available to consume (based on your weight loss goal)! ;-)
Image_thumb
21 Posts
Jul 9, 2015 5:18pm
via Android

Start doing squats and don't stop. Tell yourself you have to do this until squatting is a daily routine. When you feel like stopping, don't stop. You're not done. When you're tired and it burns that's when your workout really starts. Do squats, lunges, most can't do planks but work towards being able to do them. Don't set a number in your head per set, just push yourself and do as many as possible. When I am lifting I might hit 12 before it starts to really burn and I start tiring out. But if I only hit 17, I feel like I only did 5 real workingĀ  reps. That's where my real work and effort happened. So always push yourself to a new goal each day until it becomes habit. You'll be surprised! So never give up or quit no matter how tough it gets. Everyone is here for the same purpose. To better themselves. It's the ones who don't give up that are the alphas and will always dominate. Keep a clear mind with no doubts and always beleive you can and always tell yourself you will. When people try to down talk, remember at least you're doing something. You can do this so get up, start squatting. Start lunges. Start walking. Just do something! Drink water eat lean and healthy and you'll see the changes

09 Jul
Thank you so much, that really motivated me!! :)
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jul 10, 2015 11:32am
via Android

I know what you're going through. I lost 90 lbs in 9 months 6 years ago. Then in the last two years I gave birth twice and put it all back on. I'm currently at 250 from 263. It's hard to stay motivated and stick with it when I have young kids, a husband, and teenager to keep up with. I try to do all my workouts after 10 pm when everyone is asleep and I prep healthy meals when I can so food is always ready for me and I have no excuses to eat bad food. I wish you all the motivation and good vibes and hope you are able to kick some a$$ with your weight loss journey!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51