Body shaming

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
21 Posts
Jul 9, 2015 7:57pm
via Android

Especially if you're in the gym.... not cool! I've heard people say things like if you don't have the body for yoga pants don't wear them. The piss is that shit?! No. They weren't invented for that purpose! Yoga pants and other things considered workout clothing were made to keep sweat off of your body and made to keep you cooled off and comfortable during your activity.

Yes there are larger people in the gym. What do you think the gym is there for? Just people who want to look like Arnold? We all go to the gym to better ourselves and to feel and be more powerful. It's body and mentality improvement. How the hell are people suppose to love themselves and feel good about what they're doing when yall just want to judge and make fun. If anything you should be giving them a thumbs up or helping them. Offering advice or something. I lift to get bigger but 60% of us who go to the gym are there not for that reason. I wish I could train larger individuals because they have more progression ahead of them and will be happier than anyone else.

If you make fun of people trying to shed fat you don't deserve to have a membership to any gym. Leave your ego at the door. If you're someone trying to lose weight or she'd the fat, I commend you. Good job, and keep up your work! You have more of a reason than anyone else to be there. Props to you.

10 Jul
That is basically the reason I'm scared to step foot in a gym now. I used to work out a lot and I was extremely in shape and then hit a bump and stopped working out. Now I'm terrified to walk into a gym because of the things I know people will pick out and judge. Home workouts are slowly getting me to feel better about myself but still body shaming sucks the big one.
10 Jul
Ignore them...you're there to be who you want to be...if you do notice it, use it to work harder! I've been there and got the baggy t shirt to prove it...now Im far from perfect shape wise but I can out lift most people in my gym...I now laugh as people who may of mocked me are now taking of plates I repped...sticking to it gets you results ;-)
10 Jul
You can't be afraid you have to accept that people will do this. They will find ways to hate regardless so you have to just let them do their thing while you do yours. I don't look at people or anything. I'm a small guy and have been made fun of forever for it. I have a small build and so people think I'm weak or like they can bully me. I've never weighed more than 165 standing at 5'8 but can surpass most. Take your own realization of your insecurities and make the what drives you. Train your mind...
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jul 9, 2015 8:06pm
via Android

Totally agree. The worst part - when thick people dont go to the gym, how are they supposed to get thin?

Thick people not going to the game - lazy fat ass
Thick people going to teh gym - eww look at this guy

Image_thumb
334 Posts
Jul 10, 2015 4:26am
via Android

Great post Danny. Thanks for sharing!

Image_thumb
166 Posts
Jul 10, 2015 6:25am
via Android

Well said Danny!  Too many people lack moral character nowadays.  They think the key to everything is pop culture  acceptance and looking a certain way. 

Truth is, people who shame others like that are extraordinarily weak minded. 

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Jul 10, 2015 6:58am
via Android

Well i say who cares what people say people will always judge u if ur skinny or fat pretty or ugly small or tall but at the end of the day u are u and do whatz best for u and ignore all negativity we are all created equal

10 Jul
Easier said than done! I agree with you, but people can be really mean
Image_thumb
21 Posts
Jul 10, 2015 5:50pm
via Android

I agree I think we all need to stop worrying so much about what others think. It's such an everyday thing we should all just accept that people do this. It's funny how instead of noticing hard work and progress most only can use what little brain tissue they have left to point out the obvious. "You're fat!" Correction they have fat. They also have fingernails they are not a fingernail

Image_thumb
90 Posts
Jul 10, 2015 6:04pm
via Android

Well said Danny

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51