NEED ENCOURAGEMENT!

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jul 10, 2015 4:22pm
via Android

I'm trying so hard to get back into working out, but my biggest difficulty seems to be starting and stopping. I used to be military and I was in excellent shape, so I don't know why I'm having such a hard time now.

14 Jul
Never back down
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Jul 10, 2015 4:25pm
via Android

Keep up the hard work and make sure to schedule something every day at the same time for at least a month. It takes 20 days to create a habit, once you do something for about that time period every day, it will just become something you do, and won't seem like you are going out of your way to try and do it any more.

10 Jul
Thank you!
10 Jul
Make it a light workout if need be, but make sure to stick to it for those 20 days and after that it will just be the norm. Keep up the hard work!
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jul 10, 2015 4:49pm
via Android

I began tying my Skimble workouts to my phone calendar so I get daily notifications (or reminders) of various workouts I've chosen for myself to do.

I don't always do the workouts scheduled on my phone calendar. Sometimes I catch myself scrolling through my friends list on here and doing a workout another fellow Skimbler did. That's always fun!

If I miss one at the scheduled time, I try to do it (or them) before bed or the next day.

Following people on here who are also passionate and serious about getting/staying fit and eating healthier has helped me a great deal. Seeing everyone's workouts motivates me to want to match their workout time or beat it (and I'm just a beginner in all seriousness).

Good luck and remember... YOU are your biggest motivator!

10 Jul
You're awesome! Thank you!
10 Jul
Thanks Lyndsey! Happy Friday and happy working out!
11 Jul
Cindy you're fitting in here quite nicely
11 Jul
Thank you D.J. I'm just want to spread the love I've been given here on Skimble. ;)
11 Jul
We never know just how far the good vibe ripples spread do we :-)
Image_thumb
166 Posts
Jul 10, 2015 8:47pm
via Android

Hi Lyndsey, what helps me is the community here on the app. When I get up in the morning and feel like there's no way I'm working out... I log in and I start seeing all the successful workout notifications from friends and I see them supporting each other positively and it just makes me want to get in on the fun! 

Plz feel free to follow me or my friends if you need motivation or support.  Good luck and stay positive :-)

10 Jul
Thanks!
11 Jul
Exactly how I feel too! Loving my Skimble family! xoxo
Image_thumb
14 Posts
Jul 10, 2015 11:48pm
via Android

Get a good network of followers/friends and watch what workouts they have done will help motivate yourself. Also, check your leaders list and always try to caught up with the person above you.

Image_thumb
1 Post
Jul 14, 2015 5:42am
via Android

Hi who can tell me about a name of back execise

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51