How to - Push ups

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jul 11, 2015 12:38am
via Android

I wanna try push-ups but I don't know how. I've been trying but I feel like I can't do it and I think my body's too heavy for my arms, as a result, I end up lying on my stomach Can someone help me and give some tips?

Image_thumb
215 Posts
Jul 11, 2015 12:59am
via Android

Try doing them from your knees first. That helped me a great deal. Once you master that, try doing them plank form (I think that's how you say it).
YouTube the correct form and also watch yourself in a mirror or take pictures if you can. It's easy to think you've got it right when you don't.

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jul 11, 2015 1:02am
via Android

Try placing a riser used for aerobic step class underneath your chest and stomach then try to do make sure your form is correct and even if you only do 2 or 3 keep trying. Holding in a plank position and strengthening your triceps will help too.

Image_thumb
612 Posts
Jul 11, 2015 8:09am
via Android

Try from your knees and if you still can't keep that mid section straight work on wall pushups and progress from there

Icon_missing_thumb
280 Posts
Jul 11, 2015 3:14pm

Try Knee pushs or wall pushups as you do those your chest should be stronger work a lot on your upper body with that your body will be ready for pushups good luck and God bless.

Image_thumb
139 Posts
Jul 15, 2015 10:06pm
via Android

I was like you.I remember exactly how o gain my strength and my power back.I started some dumbell raises and i was trying to do some push ups.Dont push your self too much on push ups.Try to lift and raise anything.Not only dumbells.Anything you are doing is good for you.Nothing is a waste.Listen to me and you will feel and see difference :) cause i was on the same situation.Try doing some abds workouts and plank to strengthen your abds cause you need em.Running helps also believe me. ^_^ You will be great :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51