Don't Give Up!

11 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
83 Posts
Jul 22, 2015 3:02pm
via Android

Since joining Skimble, I've joined a few 30-90 challenges and found a lot of benefit in the accountability and support they provide. So, now that I'm facing the end of my most recent challenges, I thought I'd put out my own: Don't give up for one month.

I was recently reminded of a biblical promise that "[a]t the right time, we will harvest a good crop if we don't give up, or quit." (Galatians 6:10 msg). I believe this applies no matter what faith or belief you subscribe to. Taking care of yourself, your body, your health is a good work that will result in good reward - as long as we don't quit.

So, here's the deal: whatever workout, diet and/or lifestyle change that you've found works for you, determine to stick to it for the next month. On the 1st, check in with your starting point and a realistic goal for the month (i.e., lose x pounds, exercise x amount of time for x amount of days a week, eat x servings of veggies, drink x ounces of water a day, etc.) We'll check in daily (at least 5 days a week) with activity updates and once a week for progress reports (weight, measurements, etc.). And, for those finding this after the 1st: Yes, you can still join, but you may find this challenge more effective for you if you start at the beginning of the month.

And, through it all, no matter what, we will remain positive and support the efforts and dedication that we are each putting in. Together we can do this!

So, who in with me? It's just a month, but just imagine what we can accomplish in a month!

Image_thumb
83 Posts
Jul 31, 2015 3:04pm
via Android

Day one starts tomorroware you ready?

31 Jul
Love this idea! :) can we join if we don't post progress pictures
01 Aug
Of course, no pics necessary.
01 Aug
Is anyone joining?
Image_thumb
83 Posts
Aug 3, 2015 2:12pm
via Android

So, just a couple days lateBut, here's my goal: for the next month, I'm committed to keeping track of everything I eat and will do at least 30 minutes of core and at least 30 minutes of cardio every weekday. My hope is to lose 10lbs, although I would be happy with the more realistic goal of 5lbs.

I know these may seem like small commitments, but the routine of simply tracking my food intake and activity always works for me. The only thing I'm adding is combining both core and cardio - I usually opt for one or the other or switch days. But, I believe I'm ready to up my routine to include both daily.

So, that's my plan. What's yours?

Image_thumb
83 Posts
Aug 5, 2015 2:04pm
via Android

Late post for day 4:  I actually did my full commitment today - core, cardio and food tracking. And, even though I didn't really eat "good", I still managed to keep it pretty balanced and even stayed under my daily recommended calorie limit.

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Aug 6, 2015 9:46am
via Android

Gonna give this a try. Convinced a friend to commit to a healthier lifestyle.

So here's my plan:

Workout at least 30 minutes, 5 days a week
Stick to water and fresh juice, no soda
Increase fruits and vegetables in meals
I'm looking at 5lbs weight loss after a month

Not much but it's a start :)

07 Aug
Welcome, JP. That looks like a great plan. I'm glad to be on this journey with you.
Image_thumb
83 Posts
Aug 7, 2015 1:11pm
via Android

So, yesterday, I was feeling a little bummy - I haven't been keeping up with my new plan for this month and for some reason NOTHING in my closet seemed to fit right. Then this morning, I finally weighed in under 180 - a first for me in… maybe a year?

Happy dance! I'm not sure if I'm more happy about the weight loss goal or that I wasn't crazy yesterday when I couldnt seem to find anything wear that didn't look like I borrowed it from my big sis - lol!

07 Aug
I also lost an inch in my hips - whoop whoop!
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Aug 9, 2015 3:10am
via Android

My brother brought home lemons so I decided to drink warm lemon water every morning. They say it's good for boosting metabolism. Let's see. Tastes good so I might just keep it up

Image_thumb
83 Posts
Aug 9, 2015 3:15am
via Android

Just hit the gym with my hubbyso glad to be back at it.

Image_thumb
83 Posts
Aug 16, 2015 3:13pm
via Android

Yesterday, I did my first water aerobics class and had so much fun! I'm already looking forward to the next one

Image_thumb
83 Posts
Aug 20, 2015 1:58pm
via Android

Tried to post a great motivationa pic, but this was the only way i coild do it;   https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Z9c6r3svh7TnJmQnFNTWJuRnc/view?usp=docslist_api

20 Aug
If you post it on your profile you can link it in your forum post via browser (full version, not mobile one)
Image_thumb
83 Posts
Sep 4, 2015 1:29pm
via Android

I was all ready to concede that I gave up on my own challenge. Then I was reminded yesterday that I did complete at least part if my challenge: I had not eaten any dairy or greasy foods for over a month! Plus, I've been eating much better. Not so good with the workout consistency - but sometimes you just gotta celebrate what you did do well.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51