Shoulder strain, how long?

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
17 Posts
Jul 24, 2015 4:20pm
via Android

I have got a sharpish like pain in my right shoulder from bent over row, upright row, lateral raises etc, nothing major but I don't want to aggravate the strain, should I avoid working on my shoulders for a while? If so how long? or should I use lighter weights until it's better? I don't fancy making it worse and thus not being able to work on them for even longer, any tips? thanks

24 Jul
I had something similar to that happen to me- I would suggest just resting it until it stops hurting... You can just work on other things like legs and do stuff like cardio.
25 Jul
To keep it loose while it heals, my PT had me do Pot Stirrers. Bend over and let arms dangle. Move each arm as if stirring a big cauldron. Also do arm lifts, raising each arm to shoulder height or higher to retain mobility.
Image_thumb
17 Posts
Jul 25, 2015 4:19pm
via Android

Alright thanks, I've been resting and doing some stretches, the strain has almost completely gone now, so I'll just use light weights for a couple of days before I get back to the normal routine.

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Aug 3, 2015 2:01pm
via Android

Nothing beats the prognosis of a doctor. For myself, I hurt my shoulder pretty bad, but I still kept on going, working out and playing contact hockey. I only made it worst, and now 8 years later I still have strength/flexibility issues in my right shoulder. Give it time, and rest. You'll be grateful in the future.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51