Body Composition Monitor / Scale

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Jul 26, 2015 12:58am
via Android

Does anyone have any experience with body composition monitors/scales? I have found very little information in Australia and the shop assistants don't know much about them. From my online research Tanita brand seems to be okay.

Image_thumb
821 Posts
Jul 26, 2015 4:24am
via Android

I use a professional one called in body. Those are really expensive. 3000 dollar machines. My gym and supplement store has them for members. They are about 90 - 95 % accurate when telling you your body fat. And it will even print out a sheet and tell you where the fat on your body is. Also where your lean mass is. Floor models like the brand you mentioned are good to have at home, but any slight disturbance will throw your results off. But if you have it at home you can use it regularly and monitor your progress with a close eye.

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Jul 26, 2015 4:47am
via Android

Yes, it will only be used at home. Didn't think about asking in a supplement shop, next time I go I will ask them. Thanks.

Image_thumb
195 Posts
Jul 26, 2015 7:12am
via Android

I'm using the Omron Body Composition Monitor BF511 at home. It has a handle bar for more accurate results and gives you weight, BMI, body fat, muscle mass, calories in rest, and visceral fat. About 100$.

My little research shows its quite accurate for for domestic use.

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Aug 1, 2015 10:38am
via Android

Thanks Matthias, that seems to be good value for money. All the Tanita that I looked at was around $300. Will compare the Omron with Tanita. Just today my partner was complaining about our old scale because her weight increased by 2kg. I told her it's not her it's the scale. Lol.

01 Aug
Hope she didn't take it personally, good one :-)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51