Stretch marks sap motivation!

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Aug 4, 2015 10:01am
via Android

Hey girls and guys!
I'm struggling to find motivation, I know that I feel physically better when I'm active and healthy, but the fact that I'm still covered in stretch marks after having kids and no matter my size I still can't look awesome in a bikini, just seems to sap my motivation!
Anyone else been where I am right now emotionally? If so, how did you get past it?
Also if anyone has an amazing remedy/success with anything that has dramatically faded their marks, please share!!!
Cheers, Belinda!

04 Aug
I have them too on my hips . I don't like them either mine are nearly 19 yrs old . But what makes me feel a not better is recently i found a fitness lady called Mrs Waltman and she has stretch marks on her hips too like mine and she looks amazing there is a picture of her on my profile pictures . But u can't really see anything .search on web or if you have instagram she's on there xx
04 Aug
If I just had them on my hips I would deal with it, they are all over my belly almost to my rib cage, they cover my hips, thighs and butt and I have a few on the back of my calves too!
04 Aug
I think that people do need to see more people looking amazing and embracing their stretch marks, change the social perception of what beauty is! I do agree that seeing someone look amazing with something you percieve as a flaw in yourself can help change your mind set, my problem is that I haven't seen someone look great with the amount of stretchmarks that I have!
07 Aug
I have seen quite a few ladies with stretch marks who are very fit on u tube i think it moght of been for insanity .There is treatment called carboxytherapy that is supposed to get rid of them . But quite expensive ..xx i have them on my butt too xc
28 Aug
I use a product called Nerium. It has flatten my raised stretch marks, gotten rid of flabby skin.
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Aug 4, 2015 11:29am
Cocoa butter has worked for me.
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Aug 4, 2015 11:34am
via Android

Thanks Justin, yeah I have tried lots of lotions, including cocoa butter and yeah they have faded a bit, but they are still definitely noticeable, my youngest is 8 years old so it's not like they are new! I'm considering trying IPL, but it costs a lot and I would like to be sure it would actually work before spending that kind of money!

11750736_1604940146460567_2830511521430482176_n_thumb
2 Posts
Aug 4, 2015 12:55pm
via Android

Keep at it girl,  I've got stretch marks badly,  and a huge vertical scar from groin to sternum surrounded by loose skin... With frequent consistent exercise you will effortlessly feel better about yourself and your body And health will improve gradually at it's own pace.  When I start to get bummed I consider my progress rather than the pursuit of perfection. Keep at it !! Think health over vain glory.

04 Aug
Very wise *thumbs up*
04 Aug
Thanks, yeah I do eat healthy and keep active. I guess its more the vanity side that I want now though, have just never felt that having defined/sculpted abs is worth the extra push because I will be hiding them anyway because of the way my skin looks!
05 Aug
Whaaat. Spoken like a true prodigy this one! I like you
05 Aug
Who are u Amanda C? "Progress over perfection" I truly love that! That's not copyrighted iz it???? Lol nice one tho girl u krushed it. indubitably inspirational! Cheers baybay In which gym can I find u for face to face advice? Lol
Image_thumb
196 Posts
Aug 4, 2015 1:40pm
via Android

I admire a woman's stretch marks.

04 Aug
Thanks everyone, I try to embrace them, but really struggle with it. Definitely jealous of those who get through pregnancy without them or only get a few smaller ones.
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Aug 4, 2015 9:23pm
via Android

I have been down to goal weight a few times, but like I said, they're still there and despite having the flat belly I just have this loose streched skin that almost goes up to my rib cage.
I was 20 when I got pregnant the 1st time and knew nothing about pregnancy, I had made it through puberty without stretchmarks, so I also knew nothing about stretchmarks! I was so shocked when I woke up with these lines all over me one morning, literally went to bed one night and there were none and woke up and they were all over me, I hadn't even gone up a pant size and they were up and down my legs, hips and butt! At that stage I wasn't aware that they were permanent, one of my inlaws kindly informed me on my 21st birthday that they are! totally made my day!
I know that I can live with them, I have for almost 11 years, but I would love to get rid of them if I could!

Image_thumb
385 Posts
Aug 5, 2015 9:20am
via Android

Well I'm a guy and I love stretch marks...They are there for a reason!

They are like the birth marks left by each baby you held inside...Wear them with pride! 

You would die for children so a stetch marks are what?  Nothing

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Aug 23, 2015 5:50pm

hello, i have researched well about this stretch mark problem and i find a way that helps to remove it soon , actually you can use some natural therapy but it will take time and i find some natural made http://15homeremedies.com/485/skinception/ remedies that help to get rid of motivation of this . however it is used by many people . so you can do it for your fitness.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51