Cheat days??

4 posts | Original | Recent
17 Posts
Aug 12, 2015 12:32pm
via Android

I've heard cheat days can be highly beneficial when trying to reduce body fat and build muscle both mentally and physically, understandably too as we all know diets can be boring as sh*t.
So my question is do they really help? and how often should you have a cheat day?? I'm looking to reduce my bf % while building muscle. I'm currently on a calorie deflict diet but still having the right amount of protein for my weight, will a cheat day kickstart my metabolism and help get rid of that remainig pain in th a** fat?
sorry for the long post

12 Aug
Ive done it for 2 days in a row. But Im back at my diet. The problem is you may get used to it so be careful. :)
13 Aug
Some say 1 cheat day a week will not hurt your goal. But everyone's body is different. And if you are shooting for single digit bf % a cheat day might not be in favor for you. I always say, try different things. See what works for you. I couldn't reach even 12% with allowing myself cheat days.
13 Aug
Yeah that's what I was worried about haha ngl I have missed being able to eat what I want, I'll give it a go and see how I feel thwn thanks
18 Aug
I actually have myself a cheat MEAL once a week right after I'm done lifting and I find it really beneficial for a guy like myself!
4 Posts
Aug 14, 2015 6:31pm
via Android

I NEED a cheat day. I eat my healthy diet all week whilst dreaming of Saturday and a nice pizza or something of the sort. I LOVE food; melted cheese, salt, bread and all the other bad stuff. If I told myself I could never have it, I would crack straight away and gorge endlessly. Mentally, I need a cheat day to keep me healthy in the week.

14 Aug
I think I'm on the verge of cracking aha, I haven't had pizza in so long definitely gotta have a cheat day and like you say ironically it will help remain healthy the rest of the week. I think Sunday will be the day I look forward to
87 Posts
Aug 15, 2015 5:05pm
via Android

hmm, a cheat day wont hurt you.

i am not as strict on my 'diet' as you. i focus on eating clean, and putting the right foods in my body. but again, everyone has different goals, and im not extreme on my fitness

maybe instead of having a cheat day once a week, you could have one twice a week? maybe that wouldnt hinder you as much?

14 Posts
Aug 18, 2015 9:24am
via Android

Cheat days can actually be vital in keeping a high metabolism. If you eat nothing but low calorie health food your body gets used to it. It starts to get used to the lesser amount of calories being taken in and slows down. Having a cheat day every once where you what you would before dieting or more stops your body from doing so.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51