Please help me get off the injury pity party...

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
15 Posts
Aug 19, 2015 12:30pm
via iOS
Huge runner but have been sidelined with an injury. Now I need to reset and see where to go but feel lost. Anyone been here? Tips on how to stay motivated when on crutches?? Any suggestions appreciated.
Image_thumb
12 Posts
Aug 19, 2015 1:04pm
via iOS
Hey
Well you toke the first step :) I think it's important to focus on what you can do, instead of what you can't. Good luck!!!
Image_thumb
15 Posts
Aug 19, 2015 1:09pm
via iOS
That is a great way to look at it- thanks! 
Image_thumb
71 Posts
Aug 19, 2015 2:02pm
via iOS
I currently have a calf muscle problem that is driving me round the bend so I know how it feels to not be able to get out there and just run. Id recommend you find upper body or core workouts you can do until you heal up just to keep you sane. 
Image_thumb
15 Posts
Aug 19, 2015 2:06pm
via iOS
Thanks so much! The hard part is that I can't get cardio in until I am cleared from the MD. He doesn't want me to do any lower body until I can weight bear. Miss running so much already.  :(
19 Aug
What's your injury?
19 Aug
Stress fracture right tibia
19 Aug
Yeah it's a common one alright. I imagine just the constant running makes it weak. Do you know how long you'll be out for?
19 Aug
At least 8 weeks :(
19 Aug
Just rest up, stay strong and like I said find some workouts on this you can do that won't cause you any harm. It's more important that you heal up properly rather than making it a worse long term injury
Image_thumb
65 Posts
Aug 21, 2015 4:46pm

There's another topic here that I think you should read it's called "Return of the #Beast" I'm going to bump it to the top after I post this so you can find it easily. 

DJ is much more eloquent about motivation than I am, plus he's been through it so his advice is more real than anything I can give you. 

Happy Reading!!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51