What did working out change in your life?

20 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
214 Posts
Aug 20, 2015 2:00pm
via Android

Hey, guys! ^^

The other day I was thinking about a topic like this where we could share our personal experience about how working out affected our lives.

This is meant to be a motivational topic, but there may be both positive and negative aspects - feel free to share whatever you want about your journey!

I'll start by saying my posture's improved sensibly in this last year... Not perfect and probably will never be, but I'm so happy about it! ^^
Getting compliments from family and friends on how proud I stand now without much effort really makes me all teary eyed :')

Your turn! ^^

Did you lose weight/inches? Did you gain some muscle? Are you faster, stronger, healthier and how do you feel about it?

How did getting healthier change your life?

04 Apr
I am 6 months new to this. There have been ever so many inprovements, from the way I look to how I'm carrying myerlf, but two have been very significant. For one, I feel stronger and happier. The other is more concrete. I've long been a patient of PCOS-Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, and have lived with acne, central obesity (lower abs and ass), and the worst of all, irregular menstrual cycles, for almost 8 years now. It was quite uncomfortable, to say the least. But the last 4 months, with a good diet, water and some working out, things are actually...
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Aug 20, 2015 5:06pm
via Android

I've increased muscle size. I've increased strength and endurance.  I think I might be a little slower at sprinting though. No big deal I suppose.  I've gone up in weight, down in weight, gained/ lost body fat.

All around I eat a lot better. feel a lot better. And love that I can be a better role model for my son.

Am I a better person though? No, I wouldn't say so. But I am working on that as well.

Image_thumb
334 Posts
Aug 20, 2015 7:01pm
via Android

I used to get tired all the time and get colds a lot. No energy. In fact it used to also put me in a bad mood and negative frame of mind.

I have noticed I have more energy and better moods. More strength. Better definition (although a loooong way to go) from what I can see from before and after pics. I've nearly hit my original target weight. I must add that I forget to weigh myself sometimes because that's not the goal like it used to be at the beginning. Goal now is to keep improving. Keep pushing and learning.

I feel more confident within myself. More focused and determined. This whole experience has opened me up to more than I can put on here.

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Aug 20, 2015 8:28pm
via Android

Short version: It definitely helped with my discipline. I was a party animal before and never cared about what I ate/had to drink. I also spent money carelessly.

Once I caught the workout bug, it changed me for the better. I eat better (it's amazing the look on people's face when you turn down a slice of pizza because it's not your cheat day), I rarely ever drink anymore (that's not to say you can't have a beer occasionally with dinner or something). I'd say it helped me get all my bad habits in check.

That's not to say I don't have fun still, I just prefer working out instead of partying (wasting gains).

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Aug 21, 2015 2:03am
via iOS
Hey my cramps lessened, I have nooo complaints about sore muscles. And I've generally been healthier just after a week of light workouts. I find cravings are easier to control and I noticed a difference in my waist. 

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Aug 21, 2015 2:27am
via Android

I have been working out for 4 months and already a lot has changed. I lost some weight, I have better posture, and I am slowly eating healthier.
After working out in the morning I feel more awake the rest of the day. I am also a lot happier and optimistic about things. It has now become a routine to work out every morning...except sundays.

Me_thumb
3 Posts
Aug 21, 2015 3:35am
via Android

Positive:  I have more will power, I feel more comfortable in my body and feel slightly less socially awkward.  Not to mention the whole weight loss, muscle gain and less slouchy and frumpy appearance.

Negative:  I feel so stupid for not starting earlier.  I am a pain in the ass to go eating out with.  My former occupation as a baker baking and eating delicious fresh pastries can never be again.  I feel like a judgemental ass when I quietly watch my friends and wife eat disgusting amounts of fat and empty carbs without a care.

Image_thumb
99 Posts
Aug 21, 2015 5:49am
via Android

For me it changed alot. Other than the usual weight loss and confidence gain, it has helped me alot with my depression. I used to sleep all day with no energy always feeling like crap, hating myself and always in a grumpy mood.
But i started working out in the mornings, snapped myself out of that mood and now not only am i loving myself but i feel so much better and ive gained a stronger personality too. I dont take shit from anyone anymore like i used to lol Now nothing can stop me. IM INVINCIBLE! I SHALL RULE THE WORLD!! MUAHAHAHA
       lol jks not that much haha

But seriously its the best thing ive ever done for myself

21 Aug
You're not really joking T...admit it!lol
Image_thumb
25 Posts
Aug 21, 2015 7:29am
via Android

There are several positive elements. The most obvious are the changes you see: weight loss, less fat, more definition, stronger, better shape in general...the usual you get from working out.

I've started working out 13 months ago and I've lost 9kg but most importantly it has helped me to stay sane. I've been in Baghdad for 15 months and because of all the security restrictions, when I'm not working on the field, I'm stuck in between four walls. If it wasn't for the workout i would have gone crazy by now. After a tough day sweating it out in our very modest gym makes me feel better. Or early in the morning before an office day it gives me the energy to take on the day. I would honestly not have been able to remain here if it wasn't for the workouts.

Finally last positive point, 3 months after starting my workouts routine i had a pretty serious hiking accident while on R&R in Oman: i fell from 8 metres in a canyon. Despite being pretty broken the damages were quite limited considering what i had been through and my doctors told me it was also because i was in good physical condition and muscles acted as a protection for my bones. Also my recovery was quite fast because as soon as i could (roughly 2 weeks after the accident) i started working out again even if it was with very easy workouts but still, it allowed me to get better faster.

So really on my side i have no negative point. Except maybe that it has become a bit of an addiction and if i don't workout/have physical activity for a few days i really feel like i need it! ;)

Image_thumb
25 Posts
Aug 21, 2015 11:49am
via Android

I am more productive when I start my day with a workout. I eat healthy. I walk more, that helps with stress. I don't go by bus anymore and now I ride my bike everyday. Also my confidence is better :)

Image_thumb
214 Posts
Aug 21, 2015 6:01pm
via Android

I loved all of your answers and share at least a little with each of you :)

I think some changes must be the result of different things mixing up because I improved a lot of habits, for example, all together - like most of us did or are trying to do. Eating well, drinking more water etc aren't that hard now. It's like everything came into place.

Up and downs may occur but once you're caught you know you're doing yourself a favour :)

Image_thumb
214 Posts
Aug 23, 2015 6:14pm
via Android

I'll have to add I noticed I've been trying to flex a little in almost every pic that has been taken of me, including family pics and so on lol Yet none has noticed that, especially when it comes to upper body hahahah!
I'm ridiculous!!!!

Me_thumb
3 Posts
Aug 23, 2015 9:19pm
via Android

Better than duck lips/face!

24 Aug
Haha!! I guess so ^^
24 Aug
I have no place to talk really, at least you have the guts to post a photo. After taking multiple photos, editing, adding text then erasing them only to not post an image, I think your flexing looks perfectly natural and you really have allot to be proud of.
24 Aug
I realized that came out wrong, I meant to say that for me, I edit and scrutinize posting a photo and then don't... I don't know your process but I assume it's more sane then mine. :-P
24 Aug
I actually got what you meant ;) Probably you just need some time before feeling like posting progress pics, but don't worry because that's not a real issue, as long as you're on your way accepting and improving yourself it doesn't matter :)
Aug 24, 2015 2:26am
via Android

Hi! I started three months ago on a tiny gym nearby. I stopped going to the gym and now I'm trying my best to have a routine of excercise here in home so I can do it at any time. Work out have helped me to relieve stress, lose weight, fight depression and anxiety and also I'm starting a healthier diet (I did not stopped eating pizza or that kind of fat but I try to eat more fruit & vegetables). I love myself even more & since I started my boyfriend started doing excercise with me (when he started working out he stopped drinking) and we are more in love thanks to it.
Thanks guys for sharing! It is quite inspiring.

Image_thumb
214 Posts
Aug 24, 2015 8:27pm
via Android

"We're more in love thanks to it"...
How beautiful did that sound :)
Although it's probably due to the fact you're both happier about yourselves and that's why you're also happier together, I must say I've experienced myself the way a healthier life can help a couple to enjoy life even more and being more active together brings fitness to a whole new level.

Congrats, Ferdinand!! Wishing you and your partner all the best ^^

Image_thumb
334 Posts
Sep 2, 2015 5:36pm
via Android

Bump

Image_thumb
214 Posts
Apr 4, 2016 8:25am
via Android

Here I am again, big news this time!!

Earlier today someone asked: "Why are you doing this?" (referring to working out and eating healthy or at least trying to, most of the time haha).
My answer, without much thinking, was:
"Because I love myself."

The moment I pronounced those words I kinda realised it for the first time!! I do love myself for real. I don't know how it is even possible that I hadn't said it out loud before and actually trusting what I'm saying. It's not just my body or my reflection in the mirror. I love myself and it's such a great thing and I am so proud of myself and I just wanted to share it here

Taking care of yourself is an act of love

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Apr 4, 2016 2:09pm
via Android

I'm sorry, didn't know how to make it a separate reply. Ended up commenting. But yeah, all of that :). And learnt how to reply now!

04 Apr
Giiirll!!!! I'm so glad you shared your experience as well! :') Thank you!! And I'm really happy about the way you changed your life... I like to say that sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the most wonderful things that will ever happen to us and you're one of the many examples of how true this statement is :)
05 Apr
Definitely Miha! I'm glad you created this forum. Ever since I've noticed changes in my health, I've been waiting to share it. Maybe, someone with similar problems will also gain some insight? It varies, from person to person, but this is definitely an option worth anyone's while.
Apr 4, 2016 4:04pm
via Android

You don't have to go to the gym to be fit.

04 Apr
Image_thumb
24 Posts
Apr 8, 2016 7:28pm
via Android

hi Miha,
              I was thinking to create such kinda topic but glad you already did.☺.I am here for 8-9 months i guess.what I feel today is really amazing experience.I used to ba lazy lady.after work I used to sit or ly down in bed all time and do nothing,always complaining about discomfort of some part of body and making excuses of not doing house chores because of having no energy.What is changed Now after working out?
First: energy is there so Now I can do anything with good and positive frame of mind .
second: I look like more younger
Third: Have many friends here who can guide me whenever i need.
Fourth: I lost weight but still I am trying to lose more.

08 Apr
Hey Sara!! I'm so happy you shared this with us ^^ It's always nice to check your progress in my feed, but knowing you actually feel like having more energy is for sure something that would encourage others to try harder to stay on track... Because it's totally worth it!!!! You're doing great and... Everyone's life can get very busy at times, but it's our attitude that help us dealing even with other kind of difficulties, not just yoga poses and similar ;) Thank you again _/|\_

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51