I always fail doing a workout more than 3 weeks

3 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Aug 21, 2015 4:42pm
via Android

I am over weight and every time I build up courage to workout I start strong for the first week then day by day I reduce it till I dont fo it at all. I cant control my self I've done everything hiking, mountain climbing, running, biking, swimming,... You name it! When I become good at it then nothing! Any recommendations about how to stay motivated?

21 Aug
Try taking pictures of your progress every two weeks. In two weeks you should be able to notice small changes. The biggest changes... of course ...will be the numbers going down. Good luck!!
21 Aug
Done that. I know that I change, actually the problem is exactly that as soon as I know I'm good at it I leave it. For example once I reached 4000 meter in Mountain climbing I think I'm great and I don't think it's fun so I'm thinking of learning paragliding so maybe it will encourage me but I doubt it last long!
21 Aug
I understand. I don't know how overweight you are. I started off weighting 315.9...I currently weight 290. My biggest problem was not drinking water. I downloaded a app called Water Your Body. I must say...it helped me alot. Along with exercising. I'm trying to get this whole eating thing down. I use to skip breakfast. Then binge eat. I don't do that anymore. My motivation is two things...my late Mom and wanting to buy smaller clothes. It's not easy...as you already know that. You just have to find a focal point.
21 Aug
I'm 20kg over my ideal weight and I cant get my self together and lose it. You started your workout but I can't. I don't have that much power to keep it going and I can't find one
Aug 21, 2015 5:57pm
via Android

Why not go for a new challenge every time you completed the previous one? Climbed 4000 m? Go for Mt. Everest! Climbed it? Run a Marathon. Done with that? Become an NBA star or embarrass young Arnold!

21 Aug
Actually my city is in 2500 meters and it took 2 days everst is 6000 meters! But I get it the problem is I cant even complete the first goal. All it takes for me to leave it is knowing I'm good at it or maybe a small delay! I know it doesn't make sense but I'm frustrated with my self I'm weak I guess
21 Aug
What I meant was a variety and having fun while being active. Switching between sports frequently means that you probably won't become a master of any of them but that's no big deal If the reason you do them is to be healthier and happier. Nothing wrong with having 3 weeks fun with paragliding now and then switching to something you'll feel like trying out!
Image_thumb
25 Posts
Aug 24, 2015 2:37pm
via Android

Find that motivation in yourself. Know that you're doing it for your health. Write down your goals and reasons why you workout. Challenge yourself not to give up after 3 weeks. Make a plan and be consistent :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51