IT BEGINS AGAIN.....

14 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Sep 28, 2015 12:01am
via iOS
After a 2 month break it's time to get my ass back into gear, get a structured training program in place, and get my nutrition back on plan.

For the next 3 months I'll be doing a combination of German Volume training (10 sets of 10 reps) & following a high carb diet. Mixed into this will be some crossfit style workouts & steady state cardio to keep the fat gain to a minimum.

As always this is my journal to track my progress, hold myself accountable & admit if and when I fall off the wagon!

28 Sep
Good luck Scotty!!!!!
28 Sep
Awesome sounds great. Good luck in your journey
28 Sep
Thanks you two!
28 Sep
Good luck! You got this.
28 Sep
Thanks! Starting tomorrow at day 84 I'll be counting down to December 21st!! That's 84 days of shaping.. Can't wait to regain my focus
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Sep 28, 2015 3:31am
via iOS

3500 calories per day - 55% carbs / 30% protein / 15% fats with a high protein day every Wednesday/Saturday & a 2000 calorie day every Sunday 

28 Sep
Get it boy! Love that you are sharing your journey like this
28 Sep
Thanks Jovon! I needed to get my focus back coz I've just been drifting for 2 months.
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Sep 28, 2015 11:57am
via iOS
WINTER BULKING - Day 84

Day one begins soon! Starting each day with 1egg, 4 egg whites, 1 cup oatmeal & soy milk & a protein shake after the workout..

Today is legs & shoulders. Heavy weight for as long as possible & only drop weight when you need to..

Building solid mass for the 2016 baby! 
Image_thumb
11 Posts
Sep 28, 2015 12:07pm
via Android

Way to go.  Determined!

Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Sep 28, 2015 3:25pm
via iOS
DAY 84 COMPLETE

Only did 120lbs on the squats (leg press was busy) & 70lbs on the barbell shoulders.
70lbs leg extensions & 20lbs lateral raises 

Body is a little shot to hell after 2 days of crossfit so I fully intend to jack the weight up a lot higher next week.. Solid start though! 
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Sep 30, 2015 2:19am
via iOS
WINTER BULKING - Day 83

This workout destroys me!! 

I've got major soreness & doms kicking in. I've been fine with my meal plans and tomorrow it's crossfit. 

Good start to a 84 day program!! 

Motivation - I lost all motivation to train hard for the last 2 months. Basically I was going through the motions. By establishing a program again I hit the gym, put my music on, switch off & hit the reps!! 
NEVER go to the gym until you know what you're gonna do! 
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Oct 3, 2015 2:20pm
So the first week hasn't been too bad!! Volume training really wipes you out physically and the onset of delayed muscle soreness has been hitting me all week. I need to lift heavier this coming week though. I'm fatiguing out around the 6-7th set and that's not good enough. I need to be straining by the 3rd at least then pushing through. Meal plan wise I'm struggling to eat during the day coz I'm so busy at work but I'm doing my best. My macros aren't on point yet so I'll need to work on that. To those who have PM'd me recently, I'll message you back but I've retreated into my shell recently to deal with some things. I'll be back soon though
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Oct 4, 2015 4:21pm
via iOS
So......
Today is meant to be my rest day where I only do 45mins of steady state cardio... I HATE this day!!!!! 

So I've got a decision to make (1) do I stick to my plan coz rest is important to help the muscles repair & grow which will ultimately make me look better or (2) do I hit the weights again coz I love the burn, I love the pain & I love pushing myself to the absolute limit & don't really give a crap if it'll mean I'll not look as good?!?! 

Which one do you think I'm gonna choose? 
04 Oct
From your post on Saturday, it sounds like you should rest mate.
05 Oct
Fraid not mate! I couldn't resist the lactic pain today & just wanted to push hard again! It's all good though, it's not like I'm competing or anything ; )
07 Oct
I know what you mean. It'd one of those addict I've things eh, you've got to go back for more of it.
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Oct 4, 2015 6:14pm
I think you are going to do the right thing for your body and REST!
05 Oct
Haha Nope, afraid not. I'm sore as hell but I'm having fun : )
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Oct 5, 2015 6:38pm
via Android

I envy you!!! I'm so ready to be back in the gym and feeling that burn!!!

Oct 5, 2015 9:57pm
via Android

Hi
What is German volume training?. I am trying to tone up and need something that will challenge me

06 Oct
German Volume Training or simply known as GVT in most weight training circles is a training system that has been used by powerlifters, bodybuilders and Olympic lifters from all walks of life to reach new training goals, pack on muscle, break plateaus, or simply challenge themselves to see if they can do it. Regardless of the goal that the lifter has in mind, GVT has been and continues to be proven successful even today. Anyone that wants to be successful in the world of weightlifting, whether it is powerlifting, Olympic or bodybuilding, needs to be aware and learn of this...
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Oct 6, 2015 1:24am
via iOS
Into my second week of volume training. This week I'll stay on the 10 sets of 10 reps but I'm increasing the weight. 

Next week I'll switch to 10 sets of 3 reps with significantly heavier weight & slightly longer rests as I continue to pack on mass. 

It's going well so far & my body is very fatigued... So basically I'm loving it! 
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Oct 12, 2015 2:13pm
via iOS
After 2 weeks of volume training and increasing my calories it's now time to move into the 3-6 rep range & lift some seriously heavy iron!! 

My calories will now be jacked up to 3500-4000 and will be 60% carbs

I also started taking creatine & bcaa's this weekend 

BULKING SEASON IS OFFICIALLY OPEN!! 
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Oct 16, 2015 3:01pm
via iOS
Progressive loading over 10 weeks to join the 1000lb club: 
Barbell squat = 270lb - 6 reps
Barbell bench press = 250lbs - 3 reps 
Barbell deadlift = 360lbs - 3 reps 
TOTAL = 880lbs

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51