Temptation...

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
38 Posts
Oct 5, 2015 3:28pm
via Android

How many of you have tried sticking to a well balanced/ healthier diet and failed quite a few times ?

I definitely have. It's hard to stay away (personally) completely from fizzy drinks, burgers, lots of "white food types" and over and over again, I ended up starting again , trying my best to stay away and say "no thank you" . I admit, starting out , after a few days or at least within a months time , I can feel the difference. One feels... lighter? Cleaner on the inside, less sluggish (personlly) . Well , with wanting to up ones fitness, what I put into my body also contributes to the end goal.

Good day all !

12 Oct
I have "bad food" once a week...to me life is too short to be lived only on the healthy side:)
Image_thumb
23 Posts
Oct 5, 2015 5:38pm
via Android

Oh yea I can relate. It was really difficult initially and I still have slips. But I agree, eating healthy definitely feels healthier and gives me more energy.what I noticed is if you stick to it long enough, the junk will actually turn u off. I can't even tolerate soft drinks anymore, wayy to sweet for me.

Nonetheless I think it's OK to have some cheat moments. I still buy a chocolate bar and eat it slowly over 1 to 2 weeks. All in moderation and as long as we work out it should be ok.

06 Oct
Thank you for your response :) yes it's something I struggle with but good in a sense to know that the fault isn't only with me and that it'll get better
10 Oct
Hey :) i actually thought for a second she must he reading my mind ive been on my diet and stopped, too many take away menus came through the door and temptation creeped up on me its hard i agree im re starting again on monday lets see how far i get this time x
Image_thumb
18 Posts
Oct 12, 2015 11:58am
via iOS
Hi Jodie. I think all of us have been there. I know how you feel. I have felt the same way. What i have found is that suport groups work wonders and help you keep accountable and on target. If you are interested let me know i could be your accountability partner and put you in my groups. 
12 Oct
Hello there I won't mind at all :) new when it comes down to partnering up with someone for motivation n all but it sure will help. Like at the moment I'm sick , stuck in bed for a few days and it's so so easy to reach over n grab fizzy drinks n chips. balancing that out right now with exercise is impossible since one shouldn't do vigorous exercise during flu/ chest problems . So this week I will try my best to eat better under the circumstances hehe
12 Oct
Thank you for your response too
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Oct 12, 2015 7:29pm

For me it's all about "moderation"

I used to eat crap almost every day. Got it down to a few days. Now it's a couple of days a week. I slowly worked the junk out of my life such as soda/takeout and now feel no guilt whatsoever when I indulge myself coz I train like an animal and most of the time keep to a healthy, well-balanced diet.

You don't need fad diets or to starve yourself. Nor do you need to spend money on marketed drink replacements etc etc etc etc.

Healthy, balanced meals eaten in moderation and a trianing program that pushes you is all the body needs to look and feel good.

PREACH OVER

12 Oct
Preach humbly accepted ! Thank you . I'll try nd maintain the balance. Moderation Def is key

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51