Here's your motivation

1 post | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Oct 10, 2015 4:04pm
via Android

Today is officially the day that I have maintained for three months at my target weight. I'm 5'5, 114lbs, with a bf of 19% and still losing on the world's worst diet. I started towards this particular goal two years ago. I wanted to go back to 115 and see my thigh muscles again. Not only can I see them but I have a six pack, me, the woman who has had three kids. I've lost a grand total of 81 pounds (that's not including yoyo pounds) after over eight years of excuses, year long times where I was stuck at 165, 155, and 145. I quit, gave up, tried the pills, shakes, all of it. The only thing that worked was finding workouts that I love to do and doing them all the time. I watch people on YouTube do crazy stuff and I try it. I got a slackline because I thought it would be cool to try and spent a week with the neighborhood laughing as I fell and busted my butt over and over, but, I finally got it and it is so much fun and such a great butt, thigh and core workout! I found a rock climbing gym that's only 45 minutes away and I go there 3-4 days a week with my husband and kids when they aren't in school. Yes it's inconvenient, but, I made the time in a busy schedule because I love it. (I work full time as well) I make the time because the workout "program" I've put together is all things that I like and that I can bring my kids along with me for. My husband and both of my kids are climbers so we spend a lot of time at the gym together. We're also turning most of our basement into a bouldering cave (I'm still not entirely convinced that hanging a couple of jugs from the ceiling over the washer and dryer wouldn't give my some extra finger strength training, but, hubby said no). I don't have to feel guilty for going to the gym instead of staying home, because, a workout can easily be at the park just down the road, or our garage which is set up for kickboxing, or we'll all just go to the climbing together. Yes, I get tired, but, I still go because now that I can look at my body in the mirror and see what all the hard work is doing, all the effort and sore muscles and achy days are so worth it. To end a long and rambling post, find what you like and stick with it. And don't worry about what anyone else thinks! Most people are too busy being brainwashed by Facebook to notice what you're doing and the people who talk crap are either jealous or not worth your time!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51