I can't get in gear!

2 posts | Original | Recent
4 Posts
Oct 19, 2015 12:37am
via Android

So I am behind on two of my workouts almost 3. I am feeling overwhelmed right now and it makes me not want to work out even more. I am telling myself I am back on the wagon tomorrow with eating right and workouts. But right now I am dreading catching up. It's making me flustered. What does everyone do to stay on track and stop the endless yo-yo? !!

950 Posts
Oct 22, 2015 2:49pm
via Android

Sometimes I get back on track by just starting over. I don't get back on schedule, I start a new one.

Oftentimes the inertia we build up on a down time is too great to just start up where we left off. We need a little boost to get us going. Like an on ramp to the highway after a rest stop, you need a transition workout period to get you back on track.

Pick something short and relatively easy. Or do something you haven't done in a while like drive out to a hiking spot or find a pool to swim or take a walk around the neighborhood after dinner... Anything.

Don't be so hard on yourself. It's a long run kind of thing, this good life. A couple missed workouts are nothing. You just gotta shake it off and start small. You'll pick up momentum from there.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51