Need Help :/

8 posts | Original | Recent

Nov 10, 2015 6:45pm
via Android

I need someone to encourage me and push me to keep training

11 Nov
Some how, some way you have to muster up the inner strength to do what needs to be done as if you are the last person on earth. You have to get your mind right and the body will follow. Anything that gets that desire burning will work.... pictures of what you want to look like (or not look like), Mantras, music, motivational videos, jumping up and down, screaming at the top of your lungs... the list goes on. You have to find that thing that works for you. The great thing about that is.... you try and try again....
Image_thumb
21 Posts
Nov 10, 2015 7:50pm
via iOS
Find a workout partner and exercise together. Or listen to motivational music. That's what I do.  You can do it. 
Nov 10, 2015 7:52pm
via Android

thanks alot...What kind of a music ?

Image_thumb
21 Posts
Nov 10, 2015 7:53pm
via iOS
Anything that gets you fired up. 
Icon_missing_thumb
12 Posts
Nov 11, 2015 7:22pm
via iOS
Hi Mariam, i suggest you start with small and easy tasks. Also see what prevents you doing exercise especially things like watching tv etc. then agree a reward chart for yourself, where you can earn stars by doing exercise and you can spend them on things that you like, such time to watch TV, going out with friends etc.
Otherwise an exercise partner can be a very good way to achieve getting into a routine. The more you do it the easier it becomes!
11 Nov
Thanks alot that is very helpful.. I appreciated but, it ain't easy to find partner u know :/
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Nov 11, 2015 7:48pm
via Android

Also remember why you started! That is motivation in it's self Baby steps, and as you get stronger the more you will challenge yourself. Good luck! You can do it!

11 Nov
Thanks, this is such a lot of encouraging which I didn't expect
Icon_missing_thumb
12 Posts
Nov 12, 2015 7:19am
via iOS
Yes i do appreciate is tricky. In that case make a list if things you like doing. Make sure that the only way you can do them is if you have enough "stars" from a reward chart. It is a technique used for young children but the principles apply to all of us. But make sure you do not cheat. Once you start you ll find it gets easier. But also make sure you start with easy exercises first and once you meet your weekly target, then up it a bit. Good luck and let us know how you are getting on! You can do it!
12 Nov
Haaay really man thanks a lot for your encouraging... am really really really thankful
12 Nov
I think I might steal this one for myself too. You'd be surprised how motivated even serious, professional adults can be by earning stickers. :) I've seen it happen!
Image_thumb
45 Posts
Nov 12, 2015 7:47pm

Something that helps me is having something scheduled at a specific time/place that I've made some sort of investment in (whether that's a financial or an emotional investment, or promising someone you respect that you'll be there, whatever makes sense in your context). I've made a financial investment in going to classes and having a set time and place each week that I go to them really helps me make the effort to get to them.  A lot of people find it helps if you schedule the time just for yourself, doesn't have to involve anyone else, just schedule it like any other appointment and promise YOURSELF you'll be there.

Another thing that helps for me is having it be an activity that I actually like to do and can be successful at. I gave up on one of the skimble programs pretty quickly when I first started out because it contained too many things that I couldn't understand (in the instructions) or just couldn't do yet (not strong enough yet). Not being able to be successful was demotivating. Then I found different programs that push me just enough that I'm working hard, but are achievable for my fitness level, and I find myself looking forward to those!  My bellyfit class is a lot of fun to do because of the music, the challenge of keeping up with all the moves, and the social aspect - those are all things that keep me wanting to go on with them and to work hard while I'm there. If you're like me, it's easier to go to your training when it is something you have fun doing.

If you're naturally competitive, try a points system and/or tracking your progress and seeing if you can beat your previous best and/or amass more points than friends/followers etc. (Skimble activity points can be good for this, just remember to take into account the different places everyone is at in their journeys, and to compare realistically.)

Being naturally introverted and lazy, for me another thign that helps is trying to hook my exercise time into times of the day when I'm already out and active - goign to class on the way home from work, or taking a walk on my morning break, rather than trying to lever myself out of bed or off the couch in the morning or after I've started to settle down for the evening, esp in winter. If I'm already out and doing stuff, it's not as hard to get myself moving.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51