Motivation

3 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Dec 10, 2015 12:54am
via Android

I need help getting motivated. I am starting to go back to the gym and become healthier but then I fall into this mood of not wanting to continue. I have gotten to the point were I am not happy with the way things are going. I'm not fat and I don't want to be skinny I want to build muscle and be in shape.amy advice

10 Dec
Um what works for me u can try is to put a reminder on my phone to do arms or sets but to make me motivated for that is to write my goals down or get a picture that u wish u can be and stare at it hard and sat some day that will be me so when I work out I have that in mind:-)
11 Dec
The hardest part for a lot of people, myself included, is not seeing the results we want fast enough. It is a major motivation sucker. I've found that it helps by not focusing on what I want changed but focusing on the other aspects of exercise and fitness, like, the energy it gives or how healthy you feel. Find a positive thing about exercise and use that as your motivation.
Image_thumb
34 Posts
Dec 11, 2015 3:12pm
via Android

Listen to music. It helps to keep your mind off quitting.

Image_thumb
954 Posts
Dec 11, 2015 3:40pm
via Android

You could just commit to a period of time.  Like, just tell yourself something like you're gonna go to the gym every Mon Wed Fri for 6 months(or five or four..) whether you want to or not it's like your new job and you're gonna stick it out these few months, and after that you can quit if you want.

Also, start looking into fitness blogs and twitter accounts and stuff. Start reading up on supplements & proteins or something. They're not necessary, like yeah they can help, but most of all it helps a lot to have things we can kind of "geek out" about with a new hobby. A few weeks ago I actually created a whole spreadsheet trying to analyze certain pros and cons of proteins I was shopping for.

Try to establish a routine. For the past year I was going to the gym at least 3 days a week to do my lifting routine that I HAD to do or else I would be all out of rhythm with my splits.

Check it out below. I got it from aworkoutroutine.com, a very straightforward site about working out. Take a look at the site and the descriptions of the beginner routine. This is a very good routine for getting into strength training, and it's simple, with big foundational compound exercises. Early on before I incorporated more thorough warmups, and before I was physically and mentally ready to spend more time in a gym, I could be in & out the gym within an hour, including shower. 

Beginner Weight Training: Workout A
Beginner Weight Training: Workout B
Beginner Weights A (with Warmup)
Beginner Weights B (with Warmup)

It got me results, gave me a structure to stick to, got me comfortable in the gym, opened me up to reading more about specific exercises and learning about them, & gave me a solid foundation upon which to later bump up to a more intermediate workout routine. Now I look forward to the gym, go everyday, lift for over an hour four days a week, and loving my results I see. I'm not huge, & I don't think I want to be, but I like how I am changing in the mirror.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51