Too skinny

6 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Dec 26, 2015 3:57pm
via Android

I'm a really skinny person and I don't know where to start. What stuff should I eat and how do I really workout.

Image_thumb
11 Posts
Dec 26, 2015 4:13pm
via iOS
Hi lyn,
Im a really skinny person too,
And i wanted to gain weight,
But now i realized i really like 
Being this way, so i think you should just 
Eat a lot of healthy food and exercise 
30min every day, now i feel stronger
And i love being skinny, anyways, i dont 
have any eating disorder, so just be healthy
And you may want to eat more protein
And build muscle or gain weight.
Best wishes
Amy 
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Dec 26, 2015 4:19pm
via Android

Thanks Amy but I really want to build up some muscles and I have like no idea what to do
Plus I'm like a really lazy person and I just lie around telling myself I want to workout but instead I just sleep.

Image_thumb
54 Posts
Dec 26, 2015 4:36pm
via Android

Like Amy said.. focus on eating good foods (use My fitness pal app to track nuttrients, etc. Get good nutrients from good foods). Focus on working out a few times a week (strength training might be more beneficial for you than lots of cardio, right now). Be healthy and let your body follow along with what it was made to be. Be strong. Be healthy. Be active. Don't be defined by size.

26 Dec
Omg, the truth. Your right
Image_thumb
54 Posts
Dec 26, 2015 4:37pm
via Android

To build muscles make sure you eat a surp,use of calories, find your TDEE and eat 10% more. And do strength training in exercises. Use an online TDEE calculator.  You can Google them

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Dec 26, 2015 6:11pm
via Android

Yes I am skinny as well and i went from 144lbs to 154lbs in about a week. I drank plenty of protein shakes mixed with peanut butter. I also ate protein rich foods. Also weights are essential for weight and muscle gain. As far as laziness goes,  I think we all battled with that.  You have to want it bad enough dear. Putting in the work is 95 percent mental. Good luck hun! You can do it.

26 Dec
Not to take away from the Post-Topic- But whenever you say your skinny I always think to myself that you are not.Not by what I'm used to anyway. I guess it's perspective. When I married my husband he was 27 yrs . 5' 9.5" & 118 lbs . -. my 22yr old is 6 ft 4in d weighs 145- 150 - my 21 yr old is 5ft 10 in & weighs 120#. So in my book, you are a good normal weight. (That's not to say you don't think your are too thin and want to bulk. )
26 Dec
Kimberly that means so much! Thank you very much for that. I am 28 5'9 and was only 145lbs. I felt skinny and felt weak and frail. I really didn't feel good about my build in my occupation as Contractor and home renovator. Thanks again Kim. I needed to hear that.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51