Dealing with an existential dilemma. ......

9 posts | Original | Recent

10176110_10202806671879372_905841797295765787_n_thumb
4 Posts
Dec 29, 2015 4:26am
via Android

It's hard to focus on anything with this kind of dilemma in your life. Trying to focus on anything is difficult. Right now I'm trying to motivate myself to continue with my fitness goals. To get what I want, be who I want. Feel better about myself. Self image is hard for everyone.

I'm needing help with what I should do when feeling lost. Are there any good motivational books?

What do you do to relax? Get in your happy place.

How do you deal with stress?

I'm glad I found this app.

29 Dec
I also find times when I'm not focused and have trouble being motivated. I've learn to not stress when I'm not doing much. Then I start with one thing at a time and build from there. I also find that good sleep is important and a nap can be a good thing. :-).
29 Dec
Yoga & drink water. That's what I do
29 Dec
I need to try yoga
Image_thumb
136 Posts
Dec 29, 2015 4:48am
via Android

I started making bath bombs and soak in the tub while reading. This is my stress release and happy place.
Bath bombs are super easy to make. You can find recipes online. I use essential oils like lavender, eucalyptus, peppermint or bergamot.

As far as motivation, for me I'm sick of feeling pain. I'm tired of being tired. I just want to feel better...

I just hope the strength I build will get me to where I want to be. Pain free.

29 Dec
Ugh, you mean I have to clean the tub? Hahaha. I miss taking long baths. I might need to do that. Thank you.
29 Dec
Ha! I just take a shower afterwards and the tub cleans itself..
Icon_missing_thumb
9 Posts
Dec 29, 2015 5:34am
via Android

I know just talking will help a lot of people. So if you can find someone to just listen that could be a real strength!

29 Dec
Luckily I have someone thank you. But it's always nice to hear how others deal with stress, anxiety, motivation. Stuff like that.
Image_thumb
136 Posts
Dec 29, 2015 5:33pm
via Android

Maybe Google inspirational quote and print or write them down and put in a spot you'll see everday. I have some on my phone and on my desktop computer.

Image_thumb
171 Posts
Dec 30, 2015 5:48pm
via Android

Guided meditation works for me.
I'm using an app called headspace, but you can find sessions other places as well, on YouTube for example.

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Dec 30, 2015 6:54pm
via Android

Yes! Whisper meditation is great too.. try WhisperCrystal on YouTube

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Dec 30, 2015 9:37pm
via Android

I am with all the yoga people on here. The Yoga for Anxiety workout video is a good one. Eat, drink enough water, and sleep more are also good. Sunlight can also affect mood, go on walks. Bilateral movement (swing arms, clapping, etc) is known to help improve mood.

I am currently reading "The Art of Asking" by Amanda Palmer (yes, the weird muscian). It is really good and I feel like it helps me reconsider how I interact with people. It is largely about how too often people equate asking with begging. Sometimes the exchange is a material item for human interaction and that is okay. Sometimes we all need to see and be seen and fall in love for a moment.

I am also part of a writers circle and gaming group. Both are sort of structured social activities. It makes it easy to be around people without having to necessarily interact as myself or "on".

I am also totally willing to make friends just to talk.

10176110_10202806671879372_905841797295765787_n_thumb
4 Posts
Dec 30, 2015 9:43pm
via Android

Awesome. Thank you. Sleep is one thing I haven't been able to get lately. My mind won't shut up. Any tips on getting your brain to slow down?

30 Dec
Your phone or computer is your biggest enemy. Put it down about 45 minutes before bed, read a book instead. I am very nightmare prone so I do a sort of stress relief thing where I start at my toes and work my way up tensing each muscle group then relaxing it. Once my whole body is done, I imagine a happy place (for me that is an aburd fictional world, that may be a beach or mountain top for you). I put as much detail into as possible then sort of allow myself to float or walk around this...
Image_thumb
136 Posts
Jan 3, 2016 2:27am
via Android

I use a tincture that helps me sleep. It works sometimes... valerian root, oats (Avena Sativa) and catnip. Mine is by a local Washington company "Sister Sage" called "Dream on". But there are so many companies. I think I saw you lived in Oregon and I'm sure you could find one there... (Portland?)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51