Vitamins & supplements

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
64 Posts
Dec 29, 2015 12:28pm
via Android

I've never been big into vitamins figuring the best thing you can do is eat right but sends in at a point where I can use the help.

Has anyone done research on good multi vitamins, maybe even a "men's" formula if that's relevant. Even any good articles or comments on what to take and what not to over-take etc.

Thanks for the support and help!

29 Dec
One more thing, I'm not opposed to liquid vitamins. Any difference, seems like so many choices it gets confusing lol
31 Dec
I take fish oil pills by seven seas. I cant tell if they help but they dont harm.
Image_thumb
64 Posts
Dec 29, 2015 8:35pm
via Android

Anyone... Bueller...  LOL

Image_thumb
54 Posts
Dec 29, 2015 9:07pm
via Android

When I worked at a health food store a few good brands, well tested,  quality sources, etc.. were "Garden of Life" & I like the brands KAL and  Blue Bonnet. I do well with liquid vitamins, personally, but they taste nasty. Garden of Life uses whole food sources.

29 Dec
Thank you do much for that feedback. I'll check it out!
Image_thumb
954 Posts
Dec 31, 2015 6:22am
via Android

If you're eating even close to healthfully you're probably getting plenty of most of the vitamins. Most multis you're just gonna pee down the drain. I have a whole foods based one from blue bonnet, came highly recommended, is expensive, but when i really paid attention to my nutrition I found I was getting everything I needed without the multi. So now I just take it maybe once a week just for a safety boost or whatever.

I find hardest nutrient to get enough of is potassium and you can't really supplement that. Just gotta eat bananas and potatoes and other real foods.

If you're using protein shakes they are often fortified, watch your iron and calcium especially, as those are not good to get too much of.

I've read an article saying in studies the only vitamin supplement to have a noticeable impact on health was a magnesium supplement. I take liquid magnesium chloride and I'm not sure if that's what makes the difference but when I changed up my preworkout to include magnesium (along with a few other changes, is why I'm not sure), my performance in the gym noticeably improved.

31 Dec
Awesome feedback - thank you so much!
31 Dec
(just a tip for potassium, I think I read that kiwi and watermelon are higher than bananas, so you can make a potassium fruit salad!)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51