Barriers & Beyond!

5 posts | Original | Recent

13406840_1718314885052646_7189066985429085767_n_thumb
4 Posts
Dec 30, 2015 11:36pm
via Android

What barriers are blocking your path to achieving your goals?

Whether your goals are; - Running a sub 3-hour marathon - Squatting 100kg - Breaking the squat or Press-up century (100 reps) - Or even getting up the stairs without breathing heavyyour goals can be achievable but also can be blocked!

What has blocked you in the past and what currently blocks you now?

Get three different colours and a piece of paper:

- Colour 1 - Write down all the barriers that have blocked you in the past and what are currently blocking you
- Colour 2 - Circle the barriers that are recurring
- Colour 3 - Cross out the barriers that you have overcome and outgoing

Now you have a frame for creating a strategy to combat the barriers!

Hope you feel better with Battling barriers and push even harder the next time you start a workout!

Have a great new years and remember... YOUR GOALS ARE ACHIEVABLE!

P.S. Post your list on here and put your recurring barriers, if any, in italic fashion so we know!

Image_thumb
54 Posts
Dec 31, 2015 12:32am
via Android

Sadly, my main barriers are my chronic illness. Which I cannot totally overcome. But with a lot of work I have been able to make them a teensy bit less of a barrier combined with being more reasonable about my goals

Image_thumb
54 Posts
Dec 31, 2015 12:32am
via Android

I need to think about my list for goals. They keep changing. Probably something I should do

Image_thumb
11 Posts
Dec 31, 2015 2:59am
via iOS
I have already told you of my past barrier. And because of that I don't let any barriers come my way now. 
Image_thumb
54 Posts
Dec 31, 2015 3:07am
via Android

So, I got out my monthly goal planner. Since I don't loft weights in the winter (my garage isn't insulated, too cold,) my goal for January is to get in 2 "good/solid" workouts a week (and to stay active the other day, using my Fit bit or doing yoga).
Barriers might be:1) chronic health issues -But this goal should be obtainable even if I get a flair up. 2) fitting it in between work and housewife duties - I will delegate grocery shopping to my college age boys to help with time constraints.

31 Dec
I find it very good you switched around the barriers to a goals list! As you stated before that your chronic illness cannot be fully overcome. Here is a little motivation for you... If you try to exercise either way, you're overcoming it :). The mental side, you're not letting it get to you it to stop you from doing what you want. I respect that! If you want 2 solid workouts per week, there are a lot of great workouts on here from some very knowledgeable people! Do you want pow impact or some intense ones? As I may...
31 Dec
Hi Kimberly. So I read your post and you said you can't weight lift in the winter because your equipment is in the garage and it's too cold. I have the same problem: here in Canada the winters are very long and very cold. So what I did was have someone come over to install a heater in my garage and now I just turn it on and it will warm the whole place up so I can still workout no matter how cold it is! Just an idea that might help, it definitely helped me:)
31 Dec
Chrisi, perfect idea there!
31 Dec
I found a couple low impact workout here that I think I will try. Austin low impact is even too much cardio for my heart, but I figured I can give it a go and stop it becomes too much. Right now I'm doing a kettlebell workout 3 week program.
31 Dec
Doing what you can and what you find best for your barriers is great! Instead of just giving up, you are there trying to get it done. It is very respectable! Keep it up :).

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51