Quit Smoking This Year

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Jan 18, 2016 5:20am
via Android

Hi, all. On New Years Eve, I quit smoking cigarettes. Not long after I decided to try and get back into fitness again. I was a daily smoker for over 5 years and have mostly remained active as well. I've always been told that "I would feel so much better working out if I quit smoking". Well I don't, haha. I still feel it in my lungs and have yet to feel any sort of difference in my breathing.

Has anyone else done the same? What is working out like for you now that you're cigarette free?

19 Jan
Very good
19 Jan
Hunter can you follow me
21 Jan
Already did! And thank you!
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Jan 19, 2016 7:16am
via Android

Yeah for awhile it will hurt. Just take it as another trial in life.

I can't say I've been a nicotine habits but I'll tell you I've kicked harder stuff. And it sucks in the beggining.  But hang in there. You may not feel great now, you may not feel great doing it but you will feel f**kin great later.

20 Jan
Thanks! I have to retract some of what I said because I spent the day a few hours walking around the city yesterday and I could actully feel a difference walking up the big hills! Baby steps haha
20 Jan
Exactly baby steps haha
Image_thumb
196 Posts
Jan 19, 2016 1:43pm
via Android

I cheated, I switched to e cigarettes, but I can breath, taste and smell so much better!I just love nicotine

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Jan 20, 2016 1:07am
via Android

I tried the switch. The disposible ones taste really disgusting and aren't satisfying. I bit the bullet and bought an expensive only to have it stop working less than a month after I bought it. I wish I could find a way to get nicotine still that worked for me lol

20 Jan
I got a couple of great e cigarettes to help me and I'm still vaping, it takes a minute to get used to it and find the flavors that you like, but when you do it's over! Stick to it, you get the nicotine without the chemicals, you'll be able to breath, smell and taste again
20 Jan
The e cigs did NOT help me. And everyone I know who switched to e cigs, still uses them years later. It just turns into another habit, that was way more expensive in my case with never feeling satisfied.
21 Jan
Thanks for your input guys. Im still going to try and find a reputable near me and try to slowly wean myself off with the potency.
Image_thumb
14 Posts
Jan 20, 2016 5:07pm
via Android

I quit smoking almost 3 years ago now. I still have cravings sometimes and feel short of breath. I just take a real deep breath as if inhaling the smoke and it helps. I called the quit line and had a councilor help me make a plan and find the best help. It's different for every state and I'm not sure every state has it, but it's free counciling. And it helped me a ton. I tried everything before using the help line. I found that the patches were best for me, and when I had a bad craving and felt stressed I called the help line. The deep breathing really helps. It does get easier, but the first few months will get much more difficult before it starts getting easier. Try the deep breathing and wouldn't hurt to try the patches. They have different doses and you can talk with any pharmacist if you need help deciding. It's really rewarding when you accomplish a year without smoking, then two, and so on. It feels great to not smell like smoke and not plan everything around where smoking is permitted. You gotta hang in there, find an ally that can help you stay focused. And the biggest thing is don't beat yourself up if you slip, just keep trying.

20 Jan
21 Jan
Thank you so much. I havent tried the patches or even thought of the helpline. I did try the gum and it gave me instant heartburn haha. I think I might go pick up the patches and give it a try.
Image_thumb
1 Post
Jan 20, 2016 5:30pm
via Android

Hello

21 Jan
Hi guy!
Image_thumb
954 Posts
Jan 20, 2016 10:49pm
via Android

I read "the easy way to stop smoking" and I never would have thought a book could help but it really did. Quitting was easier than I even wanted it to be (I wanted to feel that STRUGGLE like I was a hero)
I've been quit for a few years now. I love not coughing all the time. I feel much better.

21 Jan
You know I have heard of a "magic book" that has helped some people I know. It had been so long since they quit that they couldnt even remember the name of the book. Thanks for the title! I think I try and find it online. So happy to hear youve conqured it . :-)
21 Jan
I would seriously recommend it to anyone, even people who have already quit.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51