Working out on the 2nd floor..

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jan 22, 2016 4:36pm
via Android

I live in a small apartment where everyone can hear pretty much everything. My issue is not being able to do jumping jacks, running in place, or any floor shaking movements because I live upstairs. I don't have any gear for working out outside in the disgusting cold and snow. Does anyone have some suggestions for quiet indoor workouts that will still get my heart going?

23 Jan
Can you workout during the day? I mean, our living spaces are supposed to have the sounds of actual LIVING... some noise during normal waking hours should be acceptable. It's not like you're gonna pound the floor for hours. Some light bumping for jumping jacks and stuff, for an hour or less, I would think that should be fine if you're not doing it at midnight?
23 Jan
The cops have been called on other tenants for accidentally walking too heavy or letting their cabinets shut too hard... This place is full of immature welfare trash with nothing better to do than nag at us young girls in this apartment... I would love to be able to do jumping jacks without someone bashing on the walls below yelling for us to shut the f up.
23 Jan
Maybe new apartment? Lol
23 Jan
Hm, ppl can call the cops for any reason but as far as I know they can only relay the complaint to you, not fine or charge you unless you're breaking noise ordinances and usually those don't limit normal daytime activities. I don't know where you live but calling the cops usually doesn't automatically result in the complaint being enforced...especially for daytime noise complaints.
23 Jan
Of course, that doesn't make it any easier to be yelled at through a wall or to pause your workout to answer the door to some sheepish cop apologising for having to tell you your neighbor complained even though you're technically not violating anything.
423054_2285192029148_1740129520_n_thumb
1 Post
Jan 22, 2016 5:01pm
via Android

Same problem here. I try to go running from time to time.. Although I'm not a big fan..
What gets your heart pumping without to many noises? Try some holding moves like planks. http://skm.me/app_dl/workout_trainer?src=sa this is a Pretty good workout for example.  If you manage not to drop down your knee while doing it your heart should be pumping a little.. Lunges and squats aren't to noisy either ;) have fun..

Image_thumb
38 Posts
Jan 23, 2016 3:12am
via Android

I do my jump, run burpees in the kitchen. Not much room but not as loud. I live on the second floor too. I also have weights I can do anywhere.

Image_thumb
15 Posts
Jan 23, 2016 7:37am
via Android

Do lunges ,bicycles, push ups,sit ups,crunches,planks,knee raises

11041025_10206684993588009_4206611037174704049_n_thumb
1 Post
Jan 23, 2016 10:29am
via iOS
What about buying tatami? You know, the soft floor in dojos!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51