Tips on Staying with a Goal

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
8 Posts
Mar 15, 2016 1:51am
via Android

Hey everyone!

I love working out but my main struggle is when it comes to eating healthy! I've set some goals for myself; dessert only on special occasions (unless fruit of course), and green smoothies every morning. I'm also attempting to portion my food better. The main struggle for me is keeping with it. How do I maintain these goals?

TIA,
Jess

15 Mar
الوووو
Mar 15, 2016 1:59am
via Android

الووووووو

Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Mar 15, 2016 1:31pm
via Android

For me the main thing is planning. I plan 3/4 days ahead. I structure what I want to eat for those days. And only then I go shopping. And I buy what I need for those days.

What I don't have at home I can't eat! Also when I have meals planned. Im not so tempted to eat other things. And cuz of good meals I feel less hungry while I eat less.

I don't set to precise kcal goals. They don't work for me. I set goals for my protein intake only. I 'have' to eat at least 200grams of protein a day. This makes me switch 'bad' foods with protein rich foods.

Don't set too strict goals. Set positive goals, not negative ones. This will help with feeling good about accomplishing them

15 Mar
That sounds fantastic! Do you drink smoothies? I want to have protein rich smoothies without using protein powder but I'm not sure of which ingredients are best to put in
15 Mar
No I never drink smoothies. I think it will be pretty hard to get a lot of protein in Smooties. They are a good way to get a lot of fiber in though.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51