Some Help Please?

2 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Apr 21, 2016 12:11am
via Android

I've been trying for several years to get into fitness but it's been nearly impossible when plagued by anxiety, depression, and unfavourable circumstances. I wasn't even able to get treatment for my anxiety and depression after getting diagnosed. I joined these forums now as a last-ditch effort to somehow someway get myself to do something. Even after these few years I have no idea how to find enough positive motivation, drive, and consistency to get results and then what to do even and how to do it. It's like I'm surrounded by walls that I don't know how to break.

Any and all help would be very much appreciated... I'm sorry in advance about any inconsistencies in my speech, English is a second language to me.

I'm 20 years old, 174cm tall and 54kg.

21 Apr
Think about exercise benefits of that same day instead of weeks or months from that day. EX: If you exercise today, think about how good you will feel about yourself the next day
21 Apr
I had so much trouble getting into fitness too. I had a few bad injuries as a child and thought I would never be able to be very fit because those injuries might flare up again. I started small. I used some of the workouts on here once or twice a week, but I had trouble staying focused in my house. So I decided to get outside, my goal was to run around the block (about 3.5k) without stopping or walking. My speed didn't matter just pushing through and finishing. I failed. So I tried again. After the 3rd or...
21 Apr
Thank you both! So setting small goals and focusing on congratulating myself would be the way to go...
Image_thumb
954 Posts
Apr 21, 2016 3:32am
via Android

Your English is really good for a second language. I was an esl teacher for years and you're really good.

As for fitness... Try starting small. Little habits. Little workouts. Stuff that doesn't make you want to avoid it next time.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51