Weight loss

3 posts | Original | Recent
1 Post
Apr 28, 2016 4:29pm
via Android

I'm loving this app but wanted some advice, I have a very hard time losing weight, maybe due to under active thyroid and my age. I know water and basic vegetables. . But don't have alot of money to spend on fresh fruit and vegetables. Frozen vegetables ok? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Mel

7 Posts
Apr 28, 2016 5:47pm
via Android

Hi Melanie,
I don't have the same issues but I have been maintaining an unhealthy body fat % for several years now. I lost my six pack many years ago even despite my attempts at staying active, and recently learned it's possibly due to "leptin resistance". Leptin tells the brain to burn fat for energy, but leptin resistance stops the brain from receiving the signal. This means you stay in "survival mode" (not burning fat). The main cause for this is starving yourself with some extreme diet trying to lose weight, and not exercising daily or being pretty active. I think higher cortisol levels from stress may also increase leptin resistance, and have been shown to increase belly fat.
I have learned to eat more clean, exercise daily, sleep more and stress less, hoping that it will help me earn my 6 pack. Sorry for the essay, I hope it helps.

950 Posts
Apr 29, 2016 12:38am
via Android

Frozen veggies are fine. They are an awesome way to get more veggies. Convenient, keep for long periods...and pretty much just as healthy as fresh.

Try to watch out for added sugar in your diet. Cut it wherever possible. Beverages are a big one for many ppl. If a drink has calories, skip it.

Fiber is also very important in regulating a healthy weight. I'm not talking cereal bars or any other packaged foods that advertise their fiber content (but not their sugar hmm) ... I'm talking beans, vegetables, oatmeal, whole fruits (not juice)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51