Beginner

2 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
May 2, 2016 6:48pm
via Android

Any tips for beginners? I want to lose as much weight as possible in a month..please help

12342649_10153120974652047_2506922856244985669_n_thumb
3 Posts
May 2, 2016 9:06pm

So I can only suggest things on personal experience. My experience comes from time in the Army/Air Force, as well as watching my wife getting into a workout routine, and losing weight.

I feel the biggest issues you will come across is: 1) Getting into a routine; and 2) Motivation.

1) To tackle the routine part: I find getting a calendar, and then, just like work/school, making fitness a priority. Placing it in a time slot, so you will force time in. For others it may work differently, but I find that is a great way to tackle a routine issue. Put it into a calendar for a little bit and then eventually it will become routine and you'll find you don't need to schedule it.

2) With this, motivation comes into play. You will find A LOT of ups and downs, but just like with anything else, it's a progression system. Finding a strong support system is essential. If you surround yourself with negativity, things might be negative for you. Having a partner to workout with is great. For me, finding a good quote, and when times are rough, repeating it to yourself is a good way to motivate you into place. Example: If I start feeling down, two quotes come to my head that I repeat: 1) "A pint of sweat saves a gallon of blood." and 2) "Lead Me, Follow Me, or Get out of my way," both by General George Patton.

3) Water, water, water!!

4) Everything takes time! Depending on your fitness level, you will be building muscle as you lose weight, and some days the scales will hardly move or even go up. This is because muscle is heavier than fat. Don't rely on the scales, and don't go overboard checking every day. Keep consistant in workout plan, and everything will work out great!

5) CARDIO!!! I don't know about everyone else's opinions or facts, but I find a great way of losing fat is CARDIO. Several Sergeants in the past had issues with fitness tests, and doing varied runs as well as HIIT exercises were great ways to get them back into shape. Cardio does wonders and I feel is underestimated!

If you have anymore questions, don't hesitate to ask :) I hope you find some of these tips helpful!

Remember: Living healthy is a lifestyle change. Someone who loses weight, but then once they hit their goals goes back to original habits, will go back to the original conditions. Losing weight is 80% what you eat, 20% what you do (though the numbers might be a bit off, still same idea!)

03 May
Thank you so much! I'm definitely going to do all of those! I already started eating healthy (which is the hardest for me ) and being more active. Today I'm starting doing cardio and hopefully it will go well. Thank you again for all of your tips, you really motivated me to keep going and do my best so I can make it a lifestyle at the end.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51