No more aches - is that normal?

5 posts | Original | Recent
2 Posts
May 5, 2016 8:52pm
via iOS
Okay, I don't know if either of these things is normal or not...

I'm currently in my 4th week of working out/getting fit, lifestyle change whatever. I'm pretty new so I may sound dull. Just hit 6.4kg down, yaay!

Anyway, initially when I started to work out I would ache the next day. My legs would ache for 6 days after. Now, I don't seem to ache at all. I can feel more definition, and I've been increasing my weights when they get easy, and increasing repair, but still no ache!

I work out pretty much every day - I don't know if that has something do to with it? Or is it because I'm warming up properly and stretching out after and I wasn't before?

The whole no pain no gain thing makes me feel like I'm wasting my time when I'm all acheless!

Any suggestions or pointing me in the right direction?
05 May
Add weights maybe, this will work your muscles more. Good job keep up the hard work!
06 May
Just because you're not hurting does not mean your workout wasn't effective. It means that your muscles have gotten accustomed to working out and you have gotten stronger and better. I don't usually get sore at all unless I change things up but I have still definitely seen many improvements. Be careful not to increase the weights too much too soon as that might cause injury....
5 Posts
May 8, 2016 3:39pm
via iOS
You must remembee that in most cases the ache is when the muscle gets bigger. Knowing that, it might be that you aren't growing your muscle but making it harder and tougher. It also depends on how you train: Hipertrophy, strength or resistance-endurance
1 Post
May 9, 2016 12:05am
via Android

It's not at all a bad thing. I had the same issue. But it was pointed out to me that I wasnt effectively increasing my workout with my progress.  If you are leaving the gym and you are able to do another push up, pull up, lunge, squat or whichever work outs you were doing. Then you are cheating yourself keep that weight low and go until you can't go anymore.

Going to the gym walk in, crawl out.

950 Posts
May 9, 2016 1:41am
via Android

Idk I think that's normal. People who workout regularly don't get the same soreness as when they first started. This doesn't mean they aren't making progress. Personally I can't imagine it being practical to be almost useless for days after every workout.

23 Posts
May 9, 2016 8:21am

If you want to feel the burn again just change up your programme, do 2 weeks of intense Cardio and then switch back to weights.

Your body is used to the strain and if you want to "feel" your workout you will need to up your programme.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51