Can't figure out why

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Jun 1, 2016 11:34pm
via Android

Is this ever going to work?! UGH. So I had my gallbladder removed three months ago and now weight loss is impossible. I feel like I was just meant to be this body type for the rest of my life. I've never been skinny but I've been healthy. It's just been awhile. ...to long.. anyone else feel this way. Please help

02 Jun
K e e p the f a I th and t r u s t j e s u s. G o t o a l o c AL gym and ask for a p r o t r a I n e r .
Image_thumb
18 Posts
Jun 2, 2016 5:21am
via iOS
What have you been doing? Fitness and nutrition wise...
02 Jun
staying away from added sugar and breads. just reducing my carbs. exercise about three times a week walking and jogging.
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Jun 2, 2016 2:24pm
via Android

mostly everyone's body has internal mechanisms whose sole function is to maintain homeostasis, which basically means keep things the same. They do a pretty good job and it's difficult to get a permanent change in our bodies because of this.

If you don't actively and very consciously go against this, you will not see much progress (change).

I recommend using myfitnesspal and figuring out your daily basic calorie use, then you have to very consciously maintain a caloric deficit (eating less than you burn). You can accomplish this by burning more through exercise, eating less, or a combo of both. If you don't see results, adjust your plan for a greater deficit, as everything in the myfitnesspal app, despite being very calculated and scientific, is still really working on estimation of what you might be.

You have to work to maintain your goal weight for quite a while before it becomes your body's new "normal" weight that it will strive to maintain, otherwise you will slowly go back to the old weight.

Good luck. It's quite simple really but still quite difficult. You can do it, though.

Funky_side_crow_thumb
289 Posts
Jun 2, 2016 9:59pm
via Android

Yeah, homeostasis is what keeps us alive. It's the tendancy of a physiological system to maintain a steady state in response to stimuli and stressors. Not really something that would necessarily maintain unhealthiness. Quite the opposite in fact. If homeostasis is upset/overwhelmed then this usually results in disease or death.

No gallbladder would usually mean weight loss becomes easier as your body would be less effective at absorbing fat. You should LOSE some weight, with time and feel your clothes become LOOSE.  If not, have you considered seeing your doctor for further advice/support?

02 Jun
I've dealt with this all my life and eating disorders. Really messed my body up. I can only blame myself. I feel like my body has fought itself for so long that it holds everything ia eat. I just wish I could start off fresh
Funky_side_crow_thumb
289 Posts
Jun 4, 2016 9:46pm
via Android

So sorry to hear this. Blame will only serve to depress you and hold you down though. I know it's easy for me to say but you really need to pick yourself and attack this with a good diet and exercise. Burn more calories than you eat and the weight will drop off. If it's too hard then see your doc or get other people involved who can help/support/get alongside you.

Personally, I'm useless at getting myself down a gym so I do a sport instead, as it's more sociable and other people will bug me if I don't show up! I need that sort of motivation. You really can do this :)

05 Jun
I really appreciate the advice! I'm sticking to it this time and i'm going to bust my butt to get back fit. Encouragement definitely helps with wanting to make the change. My son is even joining in, so I couldnt be more happier! Thank you so much for the advice!!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51