Calling all Cosplayers

2 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jun 24, 2016 1:48am
via Android

I'm going to my first Con in July. Since I'm new to cosplay I decided to do a easy (not so easy) character. However to pull it off I've had to get toned and trim. I just want to know if there are any other cosplayers out there, specifically ones who've gotten in shape for it. I was looking to maybe start a group or a team to help each other stay motivated, discuss upcoming events, share photos and really just to make friends. Never know who you may see at a Con one day ^_^ so to anyone interested I urge you to reply, this could be really fun

23 Jul
Kurnatd, I cosplay, but I didn't get into any specific shape for it. Last year I went to Dragon Con in Atlanta. I was Hippolyta ( more commonly known as Wonder Woman's mother). I wore the toga and silk cape costume, so it's not as if I was parading around downtown Atlanta in a bathing suit with more of my butt hanging out of it than fitting comfortably within. My toga was a nightgown, though, so I can say I've wandered all over Atlanta in my lingerie. That said, excess weight can make cosplay more difficult, although I have seen...
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jul 26, 2016 1:21pm
via Android

In reply to CJ H: Those are all cool characters to do. My first con was the Anime Blues Con 6 in Memphis. I went as Gray Fullbuster from the anime/manga called Fairy Tail. I was a bit self conscious myself because the character is notorious for wearing little to no clothing. Though i didn't get as extreme to prance around in my boxer shorts like the character would, i did go shirtless/open shirt for the entirety of the Con. It was a unique experience for me and most of the people there said that the loved the costume (and abs) so i guess my hard work paid off and a big plus is that it helped out my self-confidence ^_^

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51