How to eliminate foot cramps

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
139 Posts
Jul 14, 2016 9:24pm
via Android

Hello there fellas.When i swim fast and intense, workout and do some moves and stuff my foot often grt a cramp and thats a bad problem.Is there any way to get rid of them?
Every proffesional answer is appreciated

Image_thumb
953 Posts
Jul 15, 2016 3:08am
via Android

When I took boxing, it was during the summer in a really hot and humid climate. I used to get really bad cramps in my calves until I started focusing on getting some nutrients to replenish what I sweat out, rather than just water. That was a really intense workout that was literally draining me, but you could simply be lacking something in your day to day diet that is setting you up for cramps later. You can try and Google "nutrition for foot cramps" or something similar. I ended up getting a few packs of hydration tablets to drop in my water bottle (kind of like Gatorade without all the sugar and bs) and that seemed to help. Not completely sure if that will help but it's worth looking into.

15 Jul
Thanks buddy will do
Image_thumb
215 Posts
Jul 18, 2016 12:00am

Very often it's a lack of magnesium. But as you don't get it at night but during your workout, it can be lack of salt (natrium) or potassium.

24 Jul
I don't lack nothing Heiko everything's alright.It seems I have to start stretches and some Yoga again to make my tendons grow a little bit more flexible and used to new moves.Thanks for the info anyway :)
Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Jul 20, 2016 9:45am
via Android

As they said above me, it's most likely nutrients you are missing.

Another tip I can give is to also look into the foot itself. What I would advice is to 'roll' the downside of your feet with a small ball or pvc pipe. This to kind of relax your feet and get some of the build up tension out of it. Next to this it would be advice to work on the flexion of your ankle. Specially plantar flexion of your ankle. The cramping of your feet could have to do with you missing some range of motion in the ankle. And because of this you can't relax your feet while swimming.

20 Jul
Thanks a lot man i appreciate it
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jul 30, 2016 11:01am
via Android

I occasionally pull a muscle in my foot and I just usually get up walk it off.

30 Jul
:) Thats good

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51