Paleo, Primal or Zone?

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
166 Posts
Jul 20, 2016 2:10pm
via Android

So, I consider crossfitters to be the most in shape people on earth. And I keep noticing that they tend to eat one of these three diets...usually paleo. Personally, I try to just eat for my macro balance and I try to eat quality stuff but sometimes I just have to eat what's available to me. I don't like the idea of "dieting" and I try to make my eating a lifestyle, not a fad. My goals are to have as much learn muscle as I can while still being athletic, flexible and fluid in movement...and of course to have low body fat.

Anyway, I was just wondering what the skimble community eats to stay fit? Is it one of the three diets I listed, something similar or something else completely diff? And why?

Image_thumb
166 Posts
Jul 20, 2016 2:12pm
via Android

Also, I'd love to hear what kind of results you've gotten through your eating habits!

Image_thumb
215 Posts
Jul 20, 2016 2:34pm

Like you, I'm not really into any diet. I believe, the only working diet is a lifetime kind of eating healthy. But I'm caring a lot about food, vitamins, minerals.. it's something I'm interested in since years.

Now to my kind of food: I reduced my carbs, especially sugar to a minimum and this was the only one which helped me to get my bodyfat lower than 10%. Much protein, good fat and just natural carbs (like in fruits and vegetables). Usually I'm doing this 2-4 days a week in a row.

Of course, sometimes I also have all the bad food lol... beer, chocolate, cake. But very seldom and I don't blame myself when I do it. I just enjoy, knowing that 90% of my life I'm eating good stuff and burning the bad during my workouts.

Sometimes I also do kind of intermitting fasting: Early dinner, after getting up I'm running for in about 1 hour and after shower I have breakfast. Means in about 14-16 hours of non eating. I don't do this to lose weight, but to increase number of mitochondrias. It's one of two ways to get this.

To say it clear: I do NOT believe that a diet is helpful. But I believe in a healthy lifestyle. Paleo is a lifestyle, but it has changed to diet because many don'T understand it really. But this is an own discussion lol

20 Jul
Thx as always for your input Heiko. I'm trying to gather info and see if I can make a few changes to my eating habits. Hoping to boost performance and results
21 Jul
Just do Christian. There can be many reasons, macros, but also "micros". Maybe not nough magnesium, iron (ferrum), b-vitamins... I think, the best is to try eating as good as possible. Enough protein, fat, good carbs..and much veggies, salads and some supplements. The rest is working hard and rest of course
Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Jul 20, 2016 5:14pm
via Android

I eat in the 'If it fits your macros' kind of way.

At this moment I eat arround 2700 kcal a day. And I will eat atleast 200 grams of protein and 60 grams of fats.

I try to eat as 'clean' as possible. But if my macros and kcal allow it. I don't really care so much, what I eat

So this means I will eat an ice cream or some chocolate in the evening if I still got kcal left to fill.

Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Jul 20, 2016 9:29pm
via Android

BTW I just want to add that paleo diet is complete marketing bullshit. The diet in itself isn't all that bad. It's not great either, it will work if you believe in it. But the whole story behind it is such made up nonsense. Why on earth would you not eat something because you think in some random historic part in history they didnt have access to this particular food. Hence think, because there isn't alot of proof about what they actually ate. And the claim that they all were so freaking healthy, fit and happy humans because they didn't have processed foods. Is even worse.

And this alone is why no one serious about food, should eat paleo or advice it.

21 Jul
Funny is, there isnt THE ONE paleo diet. Can't be, cause even the early people lived in different regions. Some had more carbs, some less. The original concept of paleo is good, as far as i know about, but it has become a diet concept and a funny nonsense about everything.
21 Jul
Haha also very true. It excludes so much, while I am pretty fucking sure. Humans in not so long ago wouldn't turn down any food. I can't see anyone throwing away some good bread or potatoes, because yeah well why would they? But all of a sudden it's not good anymore. It's pretty likely a starving cavemen would have killed you for a fresh baked bread haha

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51