Shoulder surgery

3 posts | Original | Recent
1 Post
Jul 23, 2016 12:58pm
via Android

I had shoulder surgery on 10 June 2016. I'm doing PT 2x a week. I have gained weight and my body shape is becoming awfully round. Besides walking which I have been doing sporadically is there a good 20-30 minute workout that I can do to get myself back? It's very depressing watching myself fade away. Please email at wayneg533@gmail. Thank you very much

8 Posts
Jul 28, 2016 3:58am
via iOS
Your physical therapist should be able to supply a workout which is appropriate to your state of recovery.  I would ask your question of him or her. Discuss your concern openly and he/she should be able to provide a plan.
15 Posts
Aug 1, 2016 8:55am
via Android

I agree. Talk to your PT first! I've been through 3x shoulder surgeries and sadly gained weight each time (all of those get-well chocolates & soul foods combined with the lying/sitting about while in post-surgery pain). It's annoying but you really need to focus on your recovery and be sure you don't cause any damage - so be guided by your PT.

For my recovery, my physio suggested I went for gentle walks and/or sat on the exercise bike for 5-10 minutes at a time while I was recovering (in between the pain killer haze!)...and I was only allowed to do the set exercises given to me by my surgeon until he deemed my shoulder strong enough to move on to other exercises which my physio 'graduated' me up to.

Hope your feeling better soon and hope your shoulder will be as good as new! :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51