1)Nutrition for Fat Burning 2)Post/After Workout food and meals. 3)Pre/Before Workout food and meals

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
139 Posts
Aug 3, 2016 9:15pm
via Android

Hello my friends .I am seeking for expert advices cause this is serious.I wanna burn fat not lose weight.Losing muscle belong to the 'Weight Loss' so thats why I am saying I wanna burn fat literally.Thats all I am trying to do right now without losing muscle mass.I am still trying to make my own meal plan but I havent config it yet cause first of all I need your Pro advices.Shall I eat after those intense workouts that I do?If yes what kind of foods shall I eat Veggies,Fruits,Nuts,Meat?Foods high in Protein or Carbs?Also about Pre workout.Notice that I wanna both Burn Fat and prevent Muscle Loss or even increase it.All answers are welcomed.Especially advices from Pros are gonna be appreciated from the deepest of my heart

05 Aug
I need that too.thanks for asking such question.
Man-156584_640_thumb
6 Posts
Aug 4, 2016 7:04am

Hey :)

I've been through the same, trust me! Having been born to a family with a history of obesity, I really couldn't look to my immediate surroundings for inspiration or advice. I'm thankful to these forums for that. Post workout meals can be quite important, to be honest.  You need to ensure that you are consuming enough calories after the burning out. I used to go to a weight loss program here in Toronto with Harvey Brooker that helped me through. You can check this out for some post workout meal ideas that aids in weight loss ( http://www.harveybrooker.com/what-should-you-eat-after-you-workout/ ). They gave me such kind of tips and ideas regarding everything health and nutrition related. Just remember, keeping sipping on water every now and then, as and when you can. The water intake applies the same way the food intake does. Small, controlled portions throughout the day is much better than hoarding at any single time.

04 Aug
Hah inspiring man.Thanks a lot for your help and tips.I drink lot of water no worries
05 Aug
thats good
Man-156584_640_thumb
6 Posts
Aug 4, 2016 8:37am

:D :D

04 Aug
Any idea about what pre workout food shall I eat? :) I forgot to say about that
Man-156584_640_thumb
6 Posts
Aug 4, 2016 9:33am

I usually just have a banana!
I look to avoid foods with sugar content as much as I can, that's all :)

04 Aug
Hah alright I will keep it on my mind
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Aug 4, 2016 12:20pm
via Android

Hi there,
I do 6hrs+ of badminton a week and yoga nearly everyday, so nit intense stuff. However, due to medical reasons I need to keep my weight up, but I also have to make sure it's not fat weight. To do this my pre-workout routine includes a bottle of water, a banana and a trek bar (usually berry burst), or a similar energy bar. I make sure it is high in protein and low in fat. I also have supplement drinks called Fresubin that I drink post-workout/exercise (8g protein; 300kcal for 200ml), but I'm pretty sure that is by prescription only and wouldn't be good gor you post-workout.
My brother used to train for strength competitions and he would eat a cup of rice with a cup of cooked (but chilled) beef/quorn mince and cold baked beans together in a sealable container before a workout and make sure he worked those kcals off doing weights and body workouts.
Hope this helps. Best of luck.
Stay positive and stay active.
- L ✌

04 Aug
Thanks you very much for your help my friend.Hope you will be alright with your weight without any problems.I am not using any supplements I use only natural food to get my protein and stuff.I will try what you suggested with the banana .Thanks again!
04 Aug
Thanks. Doing really well now. Fresubin is a weight loss supplement drink. Hope you find a good balance and stay positive - that's a big factor if weight is concern. Take care. L
06 Aug
sorry that I have to correct one fact, but Fresubin is a weight "gain" supplement drink. normally you give it to pretty sick people that are not longer able to eat or don't have any appetite. so be careful with this if its not prescribed by a doctor.
06 Aug
Not gonna take any supplements so dont worry

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51