Snacks???

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Aug 18, 2016 1:31am
via Android

healthy/cheap snacks? recently I've found my self eating alot.. not even hungry most of the time, just bored. I drink water , sometimes. lime/lemon infused water. it kinda helps. but when I'm driving I get bored and stop by Starbucks and spend a ton of money ... help??!

18 Aug
i always have some appples, bananas, or a small veggie tray with me when im driving. and i drink a gallon of water a day. good luck! i dislike coffee so i dont have starbuck problems
18 Aug
growing up my parents NEVER let me have any type of coffee/ caffine ! i think thats why i love coffee so much !
18 Aug
Coffee makes me feel sick, so I stay away from it! My husband likes coffee here and there, and it makes him fall asleep. lol
03 Nov
100% whole grain bread . toasted . a lil peanut butter spread and sliced bananas .. So Good and will you full . simple and cheap . and on the healthy side i believe
Image_thumb
1028 Posts
Aug 18, 2016 2:59pm
via Android

Veggies, mostly baby carrots, are my main go-to snack. Cheap, convenient, and you can eat a bucket load and still not worry about calories. Cucumbers are good, I peel and chop em, I like to sprinkle a little seasoned salt on, too. I've been lazy and just doing baby carrots mostly lately but I used to take a few minutes every other morning and prep for two days, chop a variety of peppers, carrots, broccoli, cucumber, add some cherry tomatoes, and bring a big container to work.
It's so much easier to eat healthy if you're away from home, hungry, and already have a giant container of veggies.

Secondary snack, in small servings because they are energy dense (high in calories): nuts. Lately I've been getting plain peanuts and cashews, drizzling on some olive oil, and adding some chili powder. I toss that in a container along with some raisins and chocolate chips, sometimes some cereal, and shake it all up. Delicious. I measure all ingredients on a kitchen scale, enter the whole thing into a recipe on myfitnesspal, and split it into portions I can keep track of.

Fruit is always a good choice.

I often throw a can of tuna in my pack, just in case. I can eat it plain with a fork. It's not great, but it's solid nutrition. Canned chicken or salmon for variety.

I also bring a plastic bottle of dry grape nuts to crunch on. They're high in calories/energy, so I don't fill up on them, but a mouthful goes a long way.

It's better to prep these things, and pack a nice big bag of good food, before you're out and hungry. Makes the entire difference later.

18 Aug
many great options ! thanks alot !!
Image_thumb
138 Posts
Aug 18, 2016 9:50pm
via Android

Nothing is healthy out there to be honest thats the sad truth :P You need some snack ideas made in Starbucks or some homemade snacks? ^^

18 Aug
definally not starbucks, lol.
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Aug 19, 2016 10:29pm
via Android

Pistachios and raw almonds are a very good source of protein and fats. You can basically eat these non stop throughout the day. Good luck!!

19 Aug
thanks so much!

Skimble-workout-trainer-download-app-recommended-programs

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51

Workout Trainer Forums

Welcome Wagon

6,233 topics, 38,258 posts

Motivation & Support

8,517 topics, 41,724 posts

App Updates

15 topics, 49 posts

Ask the Pros