Staying motivated after 6 months of inactivity

2 posts | Original | Recent

Oct 30, 2016 4:03pm
via Android

Around October last year (I think) until April this year, I worked out regularly (nearly every day.)

From January onwards, I started using Freeletics. I suddenly stopped on April and didn't work out just until yesterday.

My abilities have deteriorated badly. I used to be able to do up to 100 push ups per session without getting fatigued. Yesterday, I did 10 pushups and 30 kneeling pushups (check my medium intensity workout) and I'm still fatigued up until now. Also, I almost blacked out upon completing the workout

My point is:
- I do have experience
- I do know how hard I must do to get back to optimal condition
- I've gained over 12 kilos in the course of just 4 months (56kg to around 68kg)
- My condition's better than ever in my whole life, although my emotions had been down evwn more

How do I get back on track and prevent it from happening again? Any tips on how I could further motivate myself? How can I find buddies in this platform?

Thanks in advance!

Image_thumb
1016 Posts
Oct 31, 2016 2:21pm
via Android

Motivation and consistency are some of the most difficult challenges in a fitness lifestyle. Part of that is because they are both such a personal thing. What works for one person has no relevance for the next person. You have to observe your behavior, and be honest with yourself about the lies and rationalizations your brain uses to convince you to put things off and not achieve your goals. You have to be honest with yourself about why you want what you want, and look yourself dead in the eye and say "if you really want this you can have it," and then do the work to get it.

Finding ways of thinking, and ways of behaving, that help you prevent your brain from even going near the places where it has the most power to convince you of the lies, to wait, to put it off, to give up...It's different for everyone. Finding the tricks that work for you, it takes a lot of honest self appraisal and intelligent strategizing... And time. People learn from trying and failing. You're most likely no different from those who have also failed, which means you're no different from those who have eventually succeeded, as well.

Skimble-workout-trainer-download-app-recommended-programs

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51

Workout Trainer Forums

Welcome Wagon

6,217 topics, 38,279 posts

Motivation & Support

8,522 topics, 41,759 posts

App Updates

13 topics, 43 posts

Ask the Pros

718 topics, 1,827 posts

Workouts and Programs