Tip / Guidance plan please

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
18 Posts
Nov 4, 2016 2:35am
via Android

So I'm back at it and not quite to familiar with the calorie intake and how much calories to burn to loose weight . My goal is to loose weight and tone my body without getting bulky . I'm 19 years old . I weigh 180 lbs. And my job in stand in one spot all day . If anyone could lead me to my calorie intake and how much to loose and what main workouts would be best for my goals i would really appreciate it. Best of luck to all those with fitness goals!

Image_thumb
1028 Posts
Nov 4, 2016 8:14pm
via Android

Hi Arnisia, many experienced ppl will tell you this, and many more ppl live in willful denial of this fact, but losing weight is usually like 80 to 90 percent focus on food and eating habits, and only a small percentage actually associated with exercise.
This is not to discourage you from exercising, by any measure, but just to offer some realistic perspective on how to achieve your goals.
I would recommend a calorie counting app, like myfitnesspal. It takes a little practice, but it's a great tool. Even if you only really use it for a few weeks, it can really give you an informative glimpse at an analysis of your eating habits and where you could shift focus. Exercise is generally more fun than paying attention to your diet, but once you use a calorie counter you'll see how much exercise work it actually takes to make a dent in your calories, when just eating differently, like more nutrition dense foods like vegetables, and slightly less calorie dense foods like carbs and fats, can almost effortlessly free up hundreds of calories a day. In general, eat more vegetables, and less processed food. Drink more water, and less of any other drink with calories. Substitute healthier snacks. Stay full, but by eating real food like vegetables and fruits constantly, rather than processed sugars and carbs.

Another bit of advice: don't worry about bulking up. Do strength training resistance exercises and rest assured they are good for you and your appearance and you will not bulk up. It takes a really informed conscious effort to do that, it doesn't just happen. It has to be your specific goal and even then it's difficult, so don't worry. Most women who strength train just end up getting healthier and looking amazing.
A mix of proper eating, strength training, and cardio is great for almost everybody. Lose fat, build muscle. It's the basic formula for health and beauty.

04 Nov
I see, I definitely have a better understanding of that , Thank you for explaining that to me . I've been slowing up alot on snacks and working out but I seem to have gained 5 pounds for some reason and I just wasnt understanding so ill take this good advice and make drastic changes in my food diet to achieve the body i want and strength training . Do they have that on here? because i dont have much time to go to the gym right now , so thats something I can do at home ?
Image_thumb
1028 Posts
Nov 5, 2016 5:46pm
via Android

with minimal equipment you can carry on a perfectly adequate bodyweight strength training regimen. a doorway pullup bar is a must have for me, and may seem useless if you can't even do one pullup, but jumping up to do hangs, or negatives, where you lower down as slowly as you can, still very good. Also some way to do inverted rows, to work the back, like straps attached to the pullup bar is what I use... I recommend checking out the "Shamrock Triple Gym"... It's a pretty good value for the complete ability to do a well rounded home bodyweight regimen.

Check out these routines I made. Very simple, but covers all bases by using big muscle groups via compound movements. An efficient way to get a full body workout.

Bodyweight Muscle Builder A
Bodyweight Muscle Builder B

You can do a little research and find alternate exercises that work the same muscles, if you like. Like for dolphin push-ups I often sat ony stability ball and did overhead press with dumbbells, but with no equipment the closest thing to overhead press is an inverted pushup, like resting knees on your bed and doing as much of a push straight over your head as you can, or even with feet up on yoga blocks offers a bit more inversion.... Or instead of pistols, which are quite difficult, you might start like I did, which was just doing one legged squats up on a stool, so my hanging leg could hang down, offering more easy stability. If you can't do push-ups, start doing them with hands up on a counter or against a wall. Even doing overhead press with water bottles, soup cans, or anything with a little weight, can be a good place to start. Elastic bands offer a lot of versatility. Stand on them and press up is a good overhead press. Attach them to a post and push and pull are good. You can do a lot with a simple elastic set.

You might have to get a little creative, but the basic format and muscle groups are there.

Three days a week, alternating workouts every week ABA, BAB, and you get a balanced program. Just be sure that you're challenging yourself. Don't do ten reps and call that good if you've barely felt the burn. Always try to push your limits. Especially with bodyweight exercises. In between days, get some cardio work in, whether steady state or HIIT. Take recreational walks more often, the benefits of incorporating walking into a balanced fitness program is greatly under estimated.

06 Nov
Thank you so much for that , you broke that down for me and I get it now, push myself and I will definitely start on the workouts you recommened for me today and those are exactly the ones I want in results of my target in my body. thank you for this advice and guidance and motivation ! :)
Image_thumb
1028 Posts
Nov 7, 2016 7:38pm
via Android

If you need completely equipment free, full body workouts, try:
The A-Team 20min
Rapid-Fire Obliques 20min
Drill Sergeant Mom 18min
Scientific 7-Minute Workout 7min
Chiseling Cardio Fix 12min
Cut and Chiseled 8min

Skimble-workout-trainer-download-app-recommended-programs