Get in Shape 2017. For sure.

17 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
71 Posts
Jan 7, 2017 9:15pm
via Android

So I started working out this year with my mind convinced that I will get into the shape I have been dreaming about. No excuses. I created the HIIT Fat Burner and Cardio HIIT Blaster. I've been doing them all this week. I actually started the workouts at the gym last week. I measured myself in the beginning and I was bust 42, waist 34, hips 43 and thigh 22.5. I currently fit in a size 16. I'm trying to get into the best shape of my life. I'm thinking like a size 8 or 10. Now. I am a big girl. I'm 5'7. And oh, I weigh 257lbs. I would love to see who can join me in this journey. I would love for us to post stats and pics of our progress every week. Let's say every Sunday we could post our stats. I know I am eager and I can see myself doing this. I'm not stopping. This is a lifestyle change. I want to perfect myself every day. Everyday is a step closer to my goal. I can feel the burn. We can also do challenges. We can also post what we eat or recipes. We can support one another to change and perfect our bodies and lifestyles. So who's with me? Who wants to challange and change their bodies and lifestyles forever?

07 Jan
Hi Katherine. We have the same high and the last time I weight myself I was around 242 lbs. I never tried again. I have been on and off of the fitness. And I want to encourage you. For the time been I am not sure if I am ready or not.
21 Jan
thank you guys for all the likes.
22 Jan
thank you guys for all the likes.
28 Jan
How much do you weight at this point?
28 Jan
Hi Mam B. Well tomorrow is stats day. So ill post my weight and measurements then. i invite you too to let us know your stats. it wont matter how much youve lost or even gained. We are here to support one another. i hope you do share with us.
Icon_missing_thumb
40 Posts
Jan 7, 2017 9:59pm
via Android

Hey Katherine,
Just got done making choco chip cookies for the little one.

Hey y'all, I'm Jasmine. I don't have a specific goal in mind. I would just like to be happy when I look in the mirror, and better yet I would like to feel good and be active. I am having a little bit of trouble working out as I am having health issues and undergoing a lot of testing at the moment.

My stats as of Jan 3rd are:
Weight: 128.6lbs
Body fat: 27.8%
Size 8 jeans
Thighs:22.5in
Hips:35in
Waist:28in
Chest:34in

08 Jan
Hey Jasmine. thank you for your stats. those cookies sound really good. but, i actually just got some protein shakes to satisfie my sweet tooth right now. i also started eating veggies and protein. i stopped eating carbs as much. i want to do this the right way. i want to change my lifestyle. i will never be able to outrun my bad eating habits. so im starting now to eat clean.
Image_thumb
71 Posts
Jan 8, 2017 12:06am
via Android

Oh thank you Mam b. I would love for you to join us. We'll there's no better time than now to start working on your health. Common. Join us.

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jan 8, 2017 3:38pm
via Android

Let's do this! Just got on this app and I need to drop 40lbs for life!
Water is imperative.
Movement is life.
I'm 48, 5'2", 185lbs...my pregnancy weight.
Yoga this morning...done!
I'll be here to encourage and cheer you on!

08 Jan
oh thank you so much LaVorne. yes we can do this. just take it easy if you are pregnant. l need all the encouragement i can get. and im here for you too.
10 Jan
Oh no! I'm not pregnant. lol! That was 12 yrs ago. Girl...48 and pregnant? Ha! I'm not Janet Jackson. But that was my point. I'm at my pregnancy weight. Not ok. My ideal weight is 135-140. I'm not obsessed with the scale though. I need to look and feel light, good, healthy. Thank you for the encouragement! I need all of it! You're inspiring!
10 Jan
Lol. ok. well, im here for you girl. weve got this.
Image_thumb
71 Posts
Jan 8, 2017 4:33pm
via Android

So guys. Yesterday my workout HIIT Fat Killer was so intense. I was literally walking sideways. I had to hold on to the machines as I was walking in the gym just to get some water. I mean this workout in guess us not meant to be done everyday. I'll try doing it every other day. I'm thinking I'll do just a long walk today. I'm beat. But for some reason I still want to do the workout again. Well I can't wait till tomorrow. I'm getting addicted. Haha. I just wish I could see results. But I am loving the workouts. I feel so good. I'm aching everywhere but man I feel so energized.

10 Jan
thank you jasmine.
12 Jan
Hi Katherine, my name is Candee and I just joined. I am a mother of two teenage girls and I'm tired of feeling like a grandmother of teens. I am 5' 10" and weigh about 230. i am going to start slow with stretching and core fitness. I would really love to join you on this journey. I could really use some encouragement.
12 Jan
Abdolutely candee. welcome aboard. if you are new or just starting again after a long time without exercising i definitely suggest starting out slowly. listen to your body. if you do not feel anything it means you need to bump it up a little. best of luck. we are here for you.
Image_thumb
71 Posts
Jan 12, 2017 2:24am
via Android

Well guys, today was not such a good day at the gym. I think I burnt myself out. I was so tired today but I did finish the workout just not at the full intensity I always did. Ugh. I was so bummed. So, I think I'll take it slow for the next few days.bi think I'll just walk briskly or ride the bike or something.  But at a slower pace. I'm trying to eat better too. Meaning a little less. I've been eating like a pig the past couple of weeks because the workouts would get me so hungry. But now I gotta focus a little more on weightloss and not so much on building muscle. But I know, muscle burns fat. I'm just burnt out. I'll get back at the HIIT workouts. Maybe next week or so. I just have to continue doing some type of exercise cause if I stop I'll regress all my progress. I can't do that. I'm determined to lose this weight and get muscle definition.  And im hoping it happens this year.  I nee all the encouragement I can get.

12 Jan
yeah take a break, it's fine. You've got a really good idea to still go to the gym but just take it easy on a bike or treadmill. At the early stage it's really important to stay in the routine and in the mindset, one day away becomes two then three then suddenly it's been a month since you worked out and then you get into the cycle of beating yourself up for failing once again. Slow and sustainable, that's my motto. Some people react well to drastic changes but most of us don't, we fall right back into our...
12 Jan
Thank you so much Patrick. i really needed the encouragement. :-)
12 Jan
Hey Katherine! Sometimes you need to take it slower, however keep up the good work and you will see achieving results. Great job and all the best
13 Jan
thank you so much Patricie K.
13 Jan
i sure will. my fire is not burnt out yet.
Image_thumb
71 Posts
Jan 14, 2017 2:48pm
via Android

Hi guys, so yeah. Yesterday was really good. I felt so good to exercise that I walked for 1.5 hours. I would've walked longer but it got late. I am so eagered to walk today. I'm just waiting to digest my food. I'll see how long I can walk today. Hopefully for a couple of hours or so. Even if I have to split it today. Ah. I'm so excited about working out. I want to lose weight so bad. I want to tone up so badly too. I can already see myself change and have the body that I want. I cannot wait.

15 Jan
I think it's really good how you are so motivated to keep working. Keep doing what you are doing. You are doing great! It's a long journey to reach your goals but it's really worth it in the end. I promise you that everyday you workout you are closer to finishing your goals. It only takes very little of work each day to reach your fitness goal. Just remember to keep going because the harder you work the harder it is to surrender.
15 Jan
Alright! now thats really good encouragement. i love it . thank you. i sure will. thats the key. consistency and continuity.
15 Jan
You're welcome!
15 Jan
Icon_missing_thumb
40 Posts
Jan 15, 2017 4:16pm
via Android

I apologize for not posting as often as I intended but things have been happening. I havent been as strict with my diet or workouts, aand even though my weight has jumped to 138lbs my body fat % is still around 28% and Ive lost a 1/2 inch around my thighs and an inch around my hips and waist bringing my stats to:

Thighs: 22in
Waist:27 in
Hips 34in

I hope everyone else is having an easier time staying on track :)

16 Jan
Hey Jasmine. oh that sucks. im sorry you have not been up to par. i actually im embarrassed because the previous stats i gave were wrong. i gave the one from a year ago by mistake. my stats last week were chest 46, waist 39, hips 49 and thigh 25. and today my stats are chest 44.5, waist 37, hips 48 and thigh 24.25. im glad about my progress though. its not a big diffrence but its something. i started walking about 2hours a day now. ill still continue doing strength training but it will be about once a week...
Image_thumb
1016 Posts
Jan 16, 2017 3:53pm
via Android

Katherine, maybe you could simplify your strength training routine, but do it more frequently than once a week. Once a week might make you more sore each time, plus studies show that frequency (more often) can offer more benefits than volume (more exercises at once)... stick to a few larger compound movements to get the most out of your time/energy invested, rather than many isolation exercises. For a good example of what I'm talking about, check out my created workouts.

Beginner Weight Training: Workout A
Beginner Weight Training: Workout B

2 or 3 times a week, alternating these two workouts with rest days, can really make a difference.

Warm up with light cardio, 5 to 10 mins. Try weight that is challenging at about 3 sets of ten to twelve reps, if you complete three sets of ten to twelve, bump up the weight next time. When you're more comfortable with your form, look into proper movement specific warm up for weight lifting, and try slightly heavier weight for 3 sets of 8 to 10 reps.
(A really basic warm up would be like doing the exercise with a very light weight for fifteen reps, rest 60secs, then with a weight at about 60% of your planned lifting weight, for about 8 reps, before going into your planned 3 sets)

Nice and slow movement, keep core braced and back neutral. Google the exercises and watch some vids on proper form, a good idea even if you're familiar with them, a necessity if you're not.

Consistency and a progressive program are key to getting the wonderful benefits of weight training. Even with simple exercises and light weight, a consistent and progressive program stimulates the muscles to adapt, which is the whole purpose of weight training.

16 Jan
hey patrick. thank you so much for your help. thats kinda what i was taught at the gym. the only difference was that i was doing hiit cardio for 30 minutes also. all that i did 3 to 5 days a week. as you know i burnt myself out. but yes, i do agree i should still continue the weight training sessions. i should continue it 2 to 3 times a week. ill try. ill take a look at your workouts too so that im able to them at home.
16 Jan
ah yeah, all that on top of hiit, especially all at once if you're getting started all psyched with new energy and new goals... can be taxing on the system. It's certainly best to pay attention to your body, so good thing you're doing that.
17 Jan
thank yoy Patrick. i truly appreciate it.
Image_thumb
71 Posts
Jan 20, 2017 2:56am
via Android

Hi guys. Hope everyone is well today. Well, I got back on my routine after not working out for two days. I had a lot of appointments. I've been so busy. But I'm excited to get back to the gym. I actually went twice today. I have been walking 2 hours a day almost outside. And today because it was raining I decided to walk on a treadmil at the gym. I was so surprised I could walk for 1.5 hours straight on it. I have never been able to walk more than 30 minutes at a time on a treadmil. I was so satisfied. I could've gone longer but I started having hunger pangs. I cannot wait to get back to the gym again. Also my trainer is going to do my measurements again on monday. It will be exactly one month since I started working out this time around. I'm nervous but a little confident that there will be some changes. I still can't really see much diffrence but all I've really noticed is my chin getting smaller. That's all. And oh. This is going to be embarrassing but I also am finally able to see my toes when I look down standing straight. Jeesh. I've hit it really low. But anyways I'm happy. I'm also excited and anxious and confident that this year will be it. This will be the year I finally get in shape. 2017 you are mine. Well, wish you all best of luck on your journey to better health. Thank you all for your wonderful support.

Image_thumb
71 Posts
Jan 20, 2017 8:51pm
via Android

Hey guys so just wanted to share something short. Today I started noticing that the walking such long distances a day is just not as effective as doing the hiit cardio workouts a few times per week. Yes. I am losing, but not as much as last week. So, i decided to start the hiit cardio again. I actually did a combo. 30 minutes walk 2.5 mph and 30 minutes of my cardio hiit fat blaster. My body was also starting to get used to the long easy walks. So for that I started to pump it a bit. Wish me luck. Tomorrow will be stats day. I'll keep you guys posted. Again thank you so much for all your support. Best of luck to everyone.

21 Jan
thank you guys so much for the likes.
22 Jan
way to go!:-)
22 Jan
thank you Tonya.
Image_thumb
71 Posts
Jan 22, 2017 1:00pm
via Android

Hey guys. Good morning. Hope everyone is well. Well, it's Sunday and it's stats day! So here it goes. Today I weigh 255lbs; chest 44", arm 12", waist 35.75"  hips 47.25", and finally thigh 24". I'm really happy. That's a loss of like 3.25" and 2lbs. Yay. It's slow but that's ok. It will last longer, no? I hope everyone got good results this week. Even if not, that's ok. Just keep going.  I would love to see your results on here too. We can do it!

25 Jan
thank you guys.
25 Jan
Thank you Heather.
Image_thumb
71 Posts
Jan 25, 2017 1:28am
via Android

Hi guys. Good evening. I would like to share something with you guys. So, today I worked and it almost killed my back.  I'm so sore in my lower back. I need to strengthen it. So question, should I pump up my abdominal muscle exercise or should I start working out my back? I tried the machine for the back where you lay on it face down and you have to go down and up with either weights (if one can) or just crossing your arms across your chest. So I did it without weights. I could only do 2 sets of 8 reps. Should i continue that or should I strengthen my abs first? I don't want to get injured. Thank you for your feedback.

26 Jan
you could do bird dogs, Supermans, or back extension like you did on that special chair thing but over a stability ball instead. all of these can help strengthen your back with perhaps a bit less torque, maybe work up to that other exercise. and you should be strengthening the core from each angle, so yeah maybe some side planks, then some front planks as well. stick to more planks for smaller time intervals rather than longer planks, especially at first. be aware of form, keep a braced core to protect your spine. try googling "stuart mcgill big three" (or...
26 Jan
Thank you do much Patrick for all the wonderful info. im going to have to lookup those exercises because i dont know how they are done. i will start doing them. thank you.
26 Jan
yeah definitely Google them and watch some videos
26 Jan
you can even do front and side planks against a wall, or on a raised surface like a bed or chair, something that makes you keep the core tense but perhaps not as advanced yet as floor planks. there's usually ways to get into targeting specific muscle groups with "entry level" exercises, rather than getting discouraged with the harder ones, you are more likely to make incremental progress and stick with it
27 Jan
that is right patrick.
Image_thumb
71 Posts
Jan 29, 2017 1:05pm
via Android

Oh guys. I'm so dissapointed. Even though I exercised like crazy this week, unfortunately it did not show on my measurements today. I'm so bummed out. I know I did the workouts perfectly. So, the only thing i have to blame is my diet. Now to be honest my diet was not perfect. I only ate twice a day this week but I did eat whatever I wanted. Meaning carbs. I know now it's so true the saying "you cannot outrun a bad diet" ugh. I feel ashamed guys. I truly do. With you. Of me. This is awful. I'm sorry.  But, I will do my exercises AND eating right from now on. I so will. I will eat only veggies, meats, and fat. The carbs are hurting me a lot right now so they have got to go. I will eat only two to three times a day. I want to also incorporate itermitten fasting if I can. But the crazy one where you eat only in a four hour range a day. No. I might do it just 1 to 2 days a week. I'm not sure. But all I know is I gotta do something about my eating. So anyways, Here are my measurements for this week. Today I weigh 256lbs, chest 45", arm 12", waist 36.25", hips 47", thigh 24.5". Ugh. Awful. But, I do thank you guys for all your support. I'm going to keep at it. I am making it this year. No matter what it takes. Good luck to you all. Thank you.

29 Jan
sorry. typo. i meant Not the crazy intermitten fasting.
29 Jan
Hey Kathrine! Don't be dissapointed, changes will come and be visible, make sure you enjoy the journey! I keep my thumbs up for you and good woek so far
29 Jan
thank you so much for your support Patricie.
29 Jan
You're still here, so you are doing things right. Don't get too down on yourself, it's a lifelong process! Even your setbacks are a kind of progress... just stick with it. Consistency is really the key. You can't help but succeed if you don't quit. Slow and steady!
29 Jan
thank you Patrick. yes. its for life. i am ready for that. As long as i keep improving. Right. slow and steady results will lasy longer.
Image_thumb
71 Posts
Jan 31, 2017 6:57pm
via Android

So guys, just wanted to do a heads up. So like I was saying, I've changed my carbs around. Now I am eating more fruits and veggies and carbs like quinoa and oats. I did stop eating high glycimic carbs like white rice, white bread and white pasta. I've gone down on my sugar and salt intake also. I stopped drinking juice. I am still drinking hazelnut coffee though :( I know. It's my only vice right now. But anyways I just wanted to let you guys now that I feel great with my new eating habits and ive already lost 2lbs this week so far. I weighed 254lbs this morning. Yay. I'm so happy. I feel like now I'm accomplishing something. I can now start seeing some progress. I can't wait till Sunday for my weekly measurements. They better be good. I know they will. If not, just keep going, right? Well, thank you guys so much for all your support.

Image_thumb
71 Posts
Feb 13, 2017 8:25pm
via Android

Hi guys. I'm so sorry I've been missing. I've been extremely busy. But, I am still working out. Maybe not at the gym but I've been sweating my butt off doing chores. I should've included it in my workouts. So, I did my measurements this past sunday. Oh here it is, I weigh 253lbs, chest 42.5", r arm 12", waist 36", hips 46.5" and r thigh 22.5". I'm happy with it. I actually lost a lot of inches considering I did not do traditional workours. But I've been very busy with the chores around  the house. I hope you guys are doing well. Keep pushing. We will get there.

Image_thumb
71 Posts
Feb 18, 2017 3:40am
via Android

Hi guys. I would like to share with you that I'm struggling. I started doing more cardio this week and slow down the weight training. I'm just getting a little frustrated with my workouts. I mean, I'm exercising. I am exercising. About 5 days a week. It's just not showing. If anything, I think I'm gaining. I'm so afraid for this week's measurements. I don't know what to expect. I'm exercising a whole lot more. I mean I'm burning calories like crazy. But, it also makes me more hungry.  I'm sorry to say but I had to start eating more carbs this week. I just don't like feeling sluggish or weak. You know. I need my energy to do everything that I have to do during the day. I mean I feel good energy wise. I feel stronger. I just wish I could lose weight. Or really just get smaller in size. Ugh.  I just don't know.  I don't want to quit. I just don't see results at the gym. And I know,  I know that if I quit the gym then I'll quit working out at home, then I'll quit all together. I'm not about to do that. Been there done that. I want to see what would happen if I don't quit. I need help. I'm at a real low with this weightloss journey right now. Please help. Thank you for reading.

Skimble-workout-trainer-download-app-recommended-programs

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51

Workout Trainer Forums

Welcome Wagon

6,219 topics, 38,282 posts

Motivation & Support

8,522 topics, 41,761 posts

App Updates

14 topics, 44 posts

Ask the Pros

719 topics, 1,828 posts

Workouts and Programs