Scale is not moving!!!

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jul 3, 2017 5:37pm
via Android

I posted about 2 weeks ago about gaining 5 pounds my first week. I am starting week four and my weight has been the same the last 3 weight ins. I go to the gym for an hour to and hour and a half everyday. I do treadmill, elliptical, and an ab routen each time, and Monday Thursday is arms Tuesday Friday is legs. Been keeping my calories down while eating smaller portions and less junk. Only drink water. Please help me. I have day one and day 16 pictures and can see a difference but scale refuses to move and it is driving me insane!!

Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Jul 4, 2017 2:28pm
via Android

It could be due to you building muscle at the same time as losing weight since it would be replacing the fat. Keep exercising and eating better watch your sugars. If you see a difference it is more than likely working. Do not be discouraged!

04 Jul
thank you. it is so hard to see a difference in pictures but not on the scale. because of the pictures i am not giving up just feel like i am constantly working with nothing to show for it. what you said make since.
Image_thumb
1059 Posts
Jul 4, 2017 7:19pm
via Android

Are you tracking calories or eyeballing?

Alot of times ppl confuse eating healthier and less junk with consuming less calories.

If you didn't drop weight in 3 weeks you are simply eating too much calories.

04 Jul
i am tracking them. i measure out what the nutritional informations says. I am doing pictures and using the samsung app. i stay at or below 1600 a day. which is the recommended fat lose calories for my height weight and age.
18446737_10212568811885129_380461571537354391_n_thumb
73 Posts
Jul 5, 2017 4:40am
via iOS
Hey, MyFitnessPal should become your best friend. Calories in calories out. Plus cut the cardio down some and lift more weights. That's essiential to actually fat loss. Without it what you will have is fast muscle loss.

If you're interested in halting your weight gain right now feel free to reach out to me.

05 Jul
thanks. I have been using Samsung health app to track everything from food sleep active mins excersies. i dont use my burn calories only use what was suggested. but i would love to have extra help.
Image_thumb
1029 Posts
Jul 5, 2017 1:38pm
via Android

You should try adjusting your calories a bit. It's not an exact science so you have to fudge around a bit until the results start being what you want.

Don't count your exercise calories back, or only count like 1/2. People often over estimate their calorie burn and then if they eat that number back they're actually eating to gain.

You just have to adjust so your calories go lower. You say you're maintaining 1600 but aren't losing weight. That means you're probably not truly maintaining 1600. Again, it's not an exact science.

If you keep adjusting lower and still don't see changes, see a doctor about a blood test. But honestly, 99% of the time people are just off in their calories estimate and need to adjust somewhere.

05 Jul
ok thanks i will try lowering the calorie in tack. i actual dont even count my carolies burned for food i only use the suggested amount and measure everything. so do you think i should go down to 1500 and see what happens?
05 Jul
Yep. Also you can try to incorporate more activity in your life. Like walking to the store. Or just a evening walk if possible. Taking the bike if possible. A active lifestyle next to lowering calories will help alot in fat loss
05 Jul
I go to the gym 6 days a week i workout one to one and a half hours a day. If i am out of town I walk/run at least 3 miles
Image_thumb
1059 Posts
Jul 6, 2017 10:20pm
via Android

You should Google NEAT. Non excersice activity thermogenesis. It's alot easier to burn more kcal daily by being active and doing stuff which isn't exercise than to burn of calories with the actual axcersice.

Be consistent with tracking. And try to train hard. But training is just the training. It's not the most important factor. By far les important than your diet and consistency with it.

Image_thumb
1059 Posts
Jul 6, 2017 10:22pm
via Android

BTW what are your numbers. Weight, hight, age and level of activity in normal life. Like a standing job or laboir job or sitting job?

Would be very easy to make a good estimate of macros and kcal.

09 Jul
31, 5'4, and 204. child care, so half walking half sitting. plus i go to to gym 6 days a week for 1-2 hours a day.
09 Jul
plus i have 5 kids at home i have to care for and run around doing things for.
09 Jul
Hi Jennifer, I would like to help you . I think you need someone to really look at your diet, exercise program and determine what changes need to be made. It could be very simple changes. Just PM me and we can go over everything and get you on track.
10 Jul
I thinks this would be a very good option for you Jennifer. Since it's pretty hard to figure most out on your own :)
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jul 7, 2017 6:47pm
via iOS
Maybe try eating vegetarian/vegan?

Skimble-workout-trainer-download-app-recommended-programs

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51

Workout Trainer Forums

Bienvenida Novatos

79 topics, 115 posts

Entrenamientos y Programas

27 topics, 48 posts