Please help... I get so frustrated

4 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Jul 4, 2017 12:23am
via Android

My husband the only thing he wants to eat is crap. Crap crap.. He makes it so hard even though I do still it right it just makes it more stressful and harder. How can I get him to see where I am coming from.. Or is he just a prick?

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jul 15, 2017 12:04pm
via Android

Hey there! I don't know your husband so I can't advise best how to motivate him. But I have learned that, typically, people aren't motivated by nagging or "preaching." I don't know if that's been your strategy or not, of course. So my recommendation is to stay active and eat healthy foods yourself... Eventually he may see that you have more energy and drive than him and he'll want the same and he may change his ways. Good luck!

Image_thumb
1026 Posts
Jul 19, 2017 6:57pm
via Android

People who eat junk are generally less energetic. They're lazier, and healthier food is food that involves more work.

If you prepare something, enough for both of you, that he can just share without much effort, would that help him make the "decision" to eat healthier?

That might work for meals but...
Snacks can be the most difficult because how much harder is it to go open your own bag of chips when somebody sits down and offers you some pita crackers with hummus?

You might have to get creative? Or compromise on how healthy the snack is.

Barbell_overhead_press_thumb
11 Posts
Jul 21, 2017 6:08pm
via Android

That is a good question. Who's lifestyle are you trying to change ? This may be an easy answer for you but for your spouse they may not be on board for this trip. I suggest to my clients that they do not deprive themselves of things completely. Start out with a few healthy meals for your spouse and then allow them to eat what they like. Activity is key to fitness too. Suggest working out together , or go for a walk . You don't want to join a team where the play book is already written. Ask them what they like to eat and try to find similar alternatives that are healthier choices. Sweets and fats are addictive, the body craves them so it is not typically a voluntary thing taking them out of a diet . Reducing slowly , providing options and communicating and discussing options before starting a program. Small steps are best for some to get them to move forward. You may find after a few weeks or months their attitude about food will change as different habits will form, but they need to make that choice.

Skimble-workout-trainer-download-app-recommended-programs

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51

Workout Trainer Forums

Welcome Wagon

6,230 topics, 38,325 posts

Motivation & Support

8,515 topics, 41,719 posts

App Updates

15 topics, 48 posts

Ask the Pros

722 topics, 1,835 posts

Workouts and Programs