Need help exercising

5 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Jul 4, 2017 2:21pm
via Android

Hello I am new here, my wife and I have recently taken a hard look at ourselves and realized how overweight we were which was bad (trouble breathing from tying our shoes).

So we completely changed our diet, we cut beef besides about 3 or 4 times a month. Same with pork, cut mostly all sugars including giving up pop, candy, chips, most alcohol (still gotta have some fun). As well as started eating more fruits and alot more vegetables, oh and cut our portion sizes down a massive amount. Didnt realize how much we would eat.

Breakfast before: 3 eggs 4 toast 5 bacon or 2 bagles with alot of cream cheese.

Breakfast now: 2 eggs 1 apple or 1 serving oatmeal and fruit.

So thats the rundown so far and we feel amazing we also have shed alot of weight which brings us to the next problem i am hoping for help with. We need to learn how to exercise right and some way that suits us.

We are lazy people, we enjoy the computer, campfires and lounging in the pool. On the other hand we enjoy kayaking and camping our goal is to be fit enough for a 3 day trip.

We do not own a scale and dont count calories we dont want to bulk up just tone up in this priority.

1. Stomach (mostly flat now)
2. Arms (she wants to lose skin under arms)
3. Legs (enough for hiking)

Any good exercises anyone could suggest for lazy people who want to be semi in shape or at least not bulked up would be amazing. We dont care if we have abs like on workout commercial s. Thanks in advance

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jul 4, 2017 7:16pm
via Android

First, Comgratulationsss! You want to chance your life and thats AWESOME! Keep it up. You made that desicion so you cant give up now.
This is a free program for newbies.  This is level 3, I couldnt find level 1 or 2. It is a nice way to start. Good luck

Art of Exercise: Free Level III

Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Jul 4, 2017 8:06pm
via Android

Thank you we will definitely try it

18446737_10212568811885129_380461571537354391_n_thumb
68 Posts
Jul 5, 2017 4:37am
via iOS
Hi, 

Your eating now sounds like a great starting point. Leaner protein choices, smaller meals, & meal timing will help both of you reach your goals.

In addition weight lifting would be beneficial. If you're interested in working together to get the weight off feel free to contact me.
Image_thumb
1026 Posts
Jul 5, 2017 2:56pm
via Android

Don't worry about bulking up. Worrying about bulking up is so common and I don't understand why because you never meet anyone who says "yeah I started exercising recently but I really regret it because now I'm like this ridiculous hulk"

It doesn't happen! You have to want to bulk up, and to really dial in your workouts and diet for that goal.

With that out of the way, I would want to know what exercise equipment you have access to. Weight lifting is really great for health and stamina but if you have no equipment then it's not going to happen.

Walking is great exercise.
You can get a couple of decent stationary recumbent bikes for relatively cheap, and sit and pedal for a while each day while watching Netflix or whatever.
Try different skimble workouts. You don't have to be able to complete them. Just do a piece of each section. Like if an exercise is one minute, start off with ten or 20 seconds and rest the other time until the next exercise. Don't make it painful trying to prove anything, start slow.

But really, walking is totally underrated. Take more walks!

Skimble-workout-trainer-download-app-recommended-programs

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51

Sports Tracker Forums

Runners

9 topics, 37 posts

Welcome Wagon

3 topics, 23 posts

Motivation & Support

10 topics, 75 posts

Help

24 topics, 89 posts

Feedback